PROVA O SHAPED OR PROVA D SHAPED STEERING WHEEL?

JuanSTI

WONDERING IF I SHOULD GET O OR D SHAPED STEERING WHEEL. I REALLY NEED IT EVEN THOUGH ITS LIKE 760.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I really really dont think you NEED this steering wheel. :lol:

If you need a replacement steering wheel just buy one from nasioc for $150. Dont dish out $800 cause that money can go towards way better and more effective mods for your car!!!

JuanSTI

yea your right. i found this site that will redo my steering wheel ill have to call them tomorrow and see how much it is to do it. is just that i want some more padding and i dont like the leather feel i want some suede or alcantara if they got it you know but if it over 200 ill just leave it as is and buy a 40 padding or something. but if i ever have money to spend and it wont hurt to spend it i will get that steering wheel just cuz i like to spend money hahaha

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
JPM coachworks.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
IIRC the suede/alcantara gets kinda gross if you dont wear gloves: sweat, oil, and dirt gets caked on there.

Has anyone ever driven with gloves? Do they help that much??

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Has anyone ever driven with gloves? Do they help that much??

My buddy does...in his race car! I've never done the driving gloves/suede wheel combo, but he swears by it. His hand can glide over the wheel if need be, but rock solid with a little pressure. He has a little hairnet/showercap thing for the wheel when its out of the car, and NOBODY touches it with bare hands unless they're prepared to buy him a new one.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My buddy does...in his race car! I've never done the driving gloves/suede wheel combo, but he swears by it. His hand can glide over the wheel if need be, but rock solid with a little pressure. He has a little hairnet/showercap thing for the wheel when its out of the car, and NOBODY touches it with bare hands unless they're prepared to buy him a new one.

So its the real deal then?

I was thinking about buying a pair of alpinestars cause saferacer was having an unreal deal for a pair. If it ever comes up again ill let you know!

(I got my lipco and sparco shoes from there. Amazing shoes to drive in!)

quality_sound

Who doesn't clean their interior regularly??? It shouldn't even be an issue. Leather will get nasty as well and if you. Use lotion regularly it will break down the leather. Clean your leather/alcantara/suede regularly and you'll be fine.