Putting it on blast for the record! Please read.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have been getting tons of emails and questions daily about what has happen as to why we crashed on Friday January 27th at 5:00 PM. Well let me fill you all in.

First this has nothing to do with the company I.G.O.T.A. or any programming we have done on our end. We are constantly backing up and watching everything that goes on, but somethings are just out of our hands as you will see by reading the rest of the story.

As many people know if your online you have a hosting company that hosts your site through a server. Our hosting company hosted us at "theplanet.com" and on Friday January 27th 2 of the san drives went bad and caused a catastrophic failure at 5:00 PM. Everything was lost. Our hosting company knew this was an issue and was trying to move us in house before this crash happened. Well it happened and we never got to move. All the information was lost and we where down and out for the count.

We are always backing up the information on the site and I had the forums backed up from a few days ago, but as you know some post got lost. Our new hosting company was not ready for this move as we are not a small company anymore. With thousand of users daily and 5 sites things got all out of wack. We worked round the clock and had the best of the best working on the issues. We got back on-line and have been having issues going on and off line. We still have some small issues and the new hosting company has told us they found the problems and are working to fix the issues ASAP! If these issues can't be fixed we will be backing up the current forums and making a move to a different hosting company that can accommodate our companies needs. We would go off-line for 24-72 hours, but we are hoping they can fix the issues and keep up and going. I will keep everyone informed of what is going on in this thread.

I would also like to put some rumors to rest. First we are not going off line for good and second we are not going out of business. This has been a set back for us and a strain on the company, but we thank you all for sticking with us through this growing time. I'm very sorry if you have lost some post, or messages, but we wanted to make sure everyone knew it had nothing to do with us as a company. We have paid top dollar to have a new server with tons of speed and room for us to grow as a community.

We thank you again for all the support you have put into I.G.O.T.A. We thank you for that and take pride in having a community without drama. You can still buy merchandise and memberships as that will not be affected with these issues.

We felt we needed to set the record straight with our members. Thank you again for your support and have a great day.

CEO: JJ Smith

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
For anyone who wants to read my blog on this issue: http://wp.me/p11bap-5Z
The Dangers of Cloud Hosting. Furthermore, since ASO was forced into a transition long before they were ready, they did not have al the equipment in place to accommodate our backups. They assure us this problem will be solved this week. We shall see. Needless to say, this has been VERY frustrating for me as a programmer and developer and it is why we want a redundant system for backups in case of system wide crashes.

Paul.c

Good to know J.J., thanks. And you know that there are going to be haters out there that just want to bad mouth you about everything that happens. Don't let those little shits get you down. You have a whole community that thanks you for your dedication. Thanks Jefferis for your support from the beginning also.

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
Thanks Paul. I know this has put a lot of stress on crztrbo, and it bothers me that we looked incompetent. I told JJ he needs to tell the WHOLE story and get it out there. We could have moved all our sites to a new company on day one, but because we didn't know which cloud service had collapsed, I didn't want us to jump out the frying pan into the fire. We could have ended up contracting with the very company that screwed up in the first place. So, we held on with the hosting co's promise of better service... We have now investigated several options and are ready to move if we need to.

Vermont

I hate Cloud Based systems for this very reason... I much prefer the short term large cost of the initial server buy and doing it in house...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I hate Cloud Based systems for this very reason... I much prefer the short term large cost of the initial server buy and doing it in house...

I would love to do that, but that is a little above our costs right now. We keep growing a T1 is the next step.