Raced a Mercedes CL/CLS

khalid6197

What's up guys, I own a 2012 stage 1 cobb intake/nameless axleback sti. A couple of hours ago 2 guys were waiting outside the gym by there Mercedes CL or CLS ( not sure which one). It looked like a 2008-2010 model. As soon as I got out of the parking lot they got in there car and started following me until a red light. He launched it when the light turned green n asked to race. The next light he smoked me again because he launched it while I just drove normal cuz idk how to launch and I really don't want to burn my clutch. Anyway once there were no lights I drove next to them and asked for one more round. So I switched to S# (I was on S) and honked 3 times while going 40mph,. I started flooring it on second all the way to 5th gear and i cant believe it myself but I was 1 car length ahead by the time I get 120mph. Did I really just beat a V8 biturbo Mercedes?? Is that even possible with having a 4 cylinder turbo charged (only stage 1) engine? I was hitting 19 PSI by the way....max ive hit was 20psi. I freaking love my car now. =D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Nice! What road were you on to get up to 120 mph around here? I feel like there are cops EVERYWHERE you can open up. FFX County parkway, 66, toll road, etc. Ugh. That must've felt pretty good to stomp them once you didnt have to worry about a launch!

Vermont

Sounds about right. Those CLS are actually rather slow due to high weight and relatively low power output. The AMG versions on the other hand are a different story. The AMG CLS have from 490 in one spec and the other has 540. Since it was not an AMG merc then you were looking at 388hp at the crank on a car that weighs more than a small moon....

Now if it was a CL..... they are a different story. The slowest of them has 430hp and they only go up from there. But once again they also weigh as much as a million suns and cost upwards of 100k.

Also where in fairfax you run them? 66? or 50? I live out in gainesville right off 66. you should come over some time. me and grinder get together every now and then and work on our cars, doing free and cheap mods.

khalid6197

Hell yeah man it felt awesome! Especially because those guys are the cockiest people ever. They always look down on stis and act like there german V8s are the shit. And I wish it was on 66 because I would have kept going. It was actually on 29 lee highway in the centreville area.

khalid6197

Yesterday I saw one of the guys in the car and I asked what model it was, he said it was a CLS V8. I raced him on 29 lee HWY,on a straight way under a bridge...I was lucky because thats the main spot for cops. I use to live in fairfax by woodson high school, now I'm in centreville by lifetime fitness. And sure definitely man because I'm also right off of 66. Around where do you guys live? Ill stop by because Im getting some mods but I need help with the installation. Thanks guys.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hell yeah man it felt awesome! Especially because those guys are the cockiest people ever. They always look down on stis and act like there german V8s are the shit. And I wish it was on 66 because I would have kept going. It was actually on 29 lee highway in the centreville area.

They as in those particular guys or guys who own German V8's in general?

Vermont

Not in general, those guys who raced me. Why would I talk crap about everyone who owns a V8? Come on man that's just plane dumb.

:tup:

Yeah let me know when you want to do some work on your car. I can just about everything. The only thing I cant really do is engine and tranny swap. The reason being I dont have a hoist. This up coming friday before newyears me and grinder are going to get together to work on my car so if you wanna come you are welcome too. Right now I have a full garage to work in but that is going to change as I am moving out to brambalton on the 12th of jan, like right off the toll way and loudoun county park way.

khalid6197

Sure man, I'm getting a short shifter soon with front/rear bushing. Not really sure how to install it. Where are you guys getting together to work on ur cars? If I get some parts by then I will drive over.