Removing Vinyls and stickers

Vermont

So on the back of my STI I have a giant IGOTASTI.com vinyl on the back window that I am looking to remove. The problem with it is that when ever I use the rear window wiper it hits the I in STI so by now it is already half pealed up and looking kinda crappy. I also have another smaller vinyl on the back hatch on the paint that I was wondering how to remove with out harming the paint. I do have a bottle of go-gone but was wondering as to how exactly I should go about removing them with out damaging either the rear window or the paint on the hatch. Any solutions need to be low cost and relatively low labor (I am not going to spend 4 hours to remove a fucking vinyl...).

I figure a lot of people have vinyls on their STI's so maybe this will help some one else later on down the road.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I use a heat gun and a tar remover spray.

Vermont

Blade on Window. Yes.

On body, refer to my post.

yeah well right now I need a cheaper alternative than that. My radiator just went kaput on my Celica (along with the front rotors, pads and the drive shaft center bearings) So I had to drop 200 bucks on the car.... Add into that the STI getting work done too it tomorrow (another $240) and well my ass is broke for this month. I am seriously wondering what/if I am going to be eating next week....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What about a hair dryer? and goo-gone for the one on the bumper. Then using goo-gone and a razor blade for the one on the window? This sound about right guys?

That will work just fine.