How To: VA Request: Indexing glass

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
A buddy has a late 2000's model mustang that has "indexing glass". After doing some research I found many cars these days are coming from the factory with this option.

For those of you who don't know what it is; when you unlock the car, a signal is also sent to the power windows and lowers the windows about a 1/2''. Upon closing the door(s) it raises the window back up.

I like this feature as I find myself slamming the door since the air in the cabin creates a cushion. Anyone know how to do this on our cars?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I believe there are some after market alarm systems that do this. I will have to do some research. Beyond that this would involve making some kind of controller. which would be easy enough to do if you have a little bit of electrical background. It could probably be triggered off the interior light somehow.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Hmmmm I don't use the interior light unless I need it. Then again, all I would need is to tap into the right wires, the light would only activate if the switch were in the right position. Does the open door light come on or flash when you unlock the car? If so that would be another option..
unlock/light flash = open window
open door, light stays on
close door, light goes off = window shuts.

At the end of the day, wouldn't I still need to find a certain window motor or somthing?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Asked some vette boys HERE

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmmm I don't use the interior light unless I need it. Then again, all I would need is to tap into the right wires, the light would only activate if the switch were in the right position. Does the open door light come on or flash when you unlock the car? If so that would be another option..
unlock/light flash = open window
open door, light stays on
close door, light goes off = window shuts.

At the end of the day, wouldn't I still need to find a certain window motor or somthing?

I would think you could tap into the motor with a separate controller. I have to look at the wire diagrams tonight so I could get a feel for the beast.

I would also have to experiment with the light. I would think the light would go on when you unlock it with the key. I have only seen that on some American models though and just assumed it was what ours does.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I'm still asking around for the components that it all consists of etc. With our powers combined, maybe we can actually start a good thing here :D