Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change exhaust instead

• Get catted to avoid emissions regulations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bang876

I currently have Perrin Catless up pipe, and down pipe with HKS Racing Turbo back exhaust and was thinking about cutting out the resonator and welding a straight pipe in its place. What do you guys think? I have heard some STi's with straight pipe and they sound mean!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Why not try it? If you dont like it, cant they weld your resonator back in?

Vermont

I'm rocking a catless down pipe and Invidia n1 street catback, and as Grinder can attest too the sucker is fucking loud. I can hear it on the other side of the house in the basement when the car is idling.... The high way drone is un-godly, I have two 12" subs with a 900watt amp and even with it cranked and the car rattling and vibrating too all hell and back I can still hear the drone on the high way, but you know what? I love it. You can get used too the drone very quickly, that is if you like the sound of it going WOT enough. Before this exhaust I had a Borla and it was just way too quiet at wot. Once you go too straight pipe your car is going to be even louder than it is right now. You might want to consider riding on the high way with some one who has straight pipes in either their sti or wrx too see first if it is something you can live every day with. Also remember the car is going to be a heck of a lot louder just idle, much less wot. I don't know how the police are near you but here in VA even with my N1 I get pulled over.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Here's a video of mine at cold start. I did this especially for you! Thought I would give you an example of what a catless DP, no resonator, and a Magnaflow sounds like. It's loud! Shakes my old house when I start it in the garage. The dishes rattle so much in the kitchen cupboards it sounds like a 7.0 quake.
Idle is pretty subdued but WOT is ear drum bursting.

I say take it off. If you don't like it, put one back on. You'll never know till you try?

Bang876

Here's a video of mine at cold start. I did this especially for you! Thought I would give you an example of what a catless DP, no resonator, and a Magnaflow sounds like. It's loud! Shakes my old house when I start it in the garage. The dishes rattle so much in the kitchen cupboards it sounds like a 7.0 quake.
Idle is pretty subdued but WOT is ear drum bursting.

I say take it off. If you don't like it, put one back on. You'll never know till you try?

Thanks for taking the time to on the video and response. I really like the sound but I feel I might not be able to live with the constant drone on the highway . It sounds aggressive as hell in WOT but I drive too much like a grandma most days to enjoy it. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

Z1107

Strongly recommend keeping the resonator. I'm changing my exhaust to a system with two. Boxer+straight pipes=LOUD!