Reverend's Hyper Blue WRX STI

Showed her off at the NSOC Spring Fling this last weekend! Lots of great Subies from around the area.

Some newer beauties from the Spring Fling meet this past weekend.

Finally pulled the trigger on a JDM Center Console Cover with blue stitching. I know it's not exactly the Hyper Blue color, but it should look nicer. I've seen other owners in the Hyper Blue owners group on Facebook who have gone with it and, while not a spot-on match, they seem to like it. Who knows, maybe prolonged exposure to the sun in that area will fade the blue so it's a lighter hue! Haha

Playing dress-up with the STI has been fun, but the Protune I got a couple of weeks ago has really been the most enjoyable change I've made to the car. If I ever had to part with this car and do it all over again, the Protune would be the FIRST thing I'd do! The rest of the aesthetic changes are important, but I only enjoy those bits when the car isn't moving ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much was the console?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Just shy of $70. They normally come in red stitching but there's also a blue stitching version that is supposed to match the Launch Edition blue stitching. I have yet to find a Hyper Blue Stitching version, although now that I think of it... would the Hyper Blue models in Australia have this part? Hmmm...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude, that's amazing! Great write up! Glad to see STi's are capable of this straight out of the factory!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wicked! Loved it! ?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You are amazing and the videos are great! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks guys! We just had a huge event (well, huge for Nebraska) here and my Hyper Blue made the video! Haha... probably because I put it together. Regardless, we had a ton of fun with a ton of Subies at the dealership I work at. Also had Subaru Rally Team USA show up and bring their rally car for folks to check out.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/2016/07/boxers-baxter-is-big-success.html

You can see my Hyper Blue at the end of that row facing the camera.

You are an amazing asset to this community! Keep up the good work! :tup:

Thanks! That means a lot!!

I decided to stop being lazy and finally got the LED lights in my S4/S207 bezels wired in with my C-Light/Boomerang lights. They're wired together to be my DRLs, too so they look great even in the daytime!

1 Year Update

I still love it. I still can't imagine parting with it. There are COUNTLESS awesome memories that, even if this car ever leaves my posession, that I'll never forget.

And now I continue down my "Higgins-ified" look with this and am considering some kind of custom shift knob with a big "75" in it. Anyone know where I could get one made?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ours just turn 1 also. ?

Congrats.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Congrats on one year! Car looks fantastic with the 05-07 stockers! :tup:

With winter here, it's dark a lot. I've just never really liked using my stock fog lights along with my nicer white LED headlights. Especially with the white LED bar on the JDM Fog Light bezels, the stock fog lights bug the OCD side of me. So when I found out that PIAA made a drop-in replacement LED Fog Light Kit for Subaru... I was all over it.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/2016/12/piaa-fog-lights-on-my-sti.html

IMG_2557 by 86Reverend, on Flickr
IMG_2564 by 86Reverend, on Flickr

Really happy with how clean they look with the rest of the front end but even happier with the ease of installation and the performance of these lights. Noticeably better projection than the old stock housings. Plus the detail freak in me is stoked that the PIAA logo is embedded in the center of the light. It's the little things that make me happy sometimes!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks fantastic!!

Got some awesome new wheels and tires for my STI! Thanks to Discount Tire (Damon and Romel - the Dynamic Duo) for the epic deal on these and great service!

Theeeeeey're METHOD MR501 Rally Wheels! While not exactly stage-rally-ready, I got mine to continue my "#75" theme on the car. They also feel great thanks to sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and a slightly wider offset! These are 18x8 wheels with a Titanium finish.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/2017/02/ride-like-champ-method-mr501-rally.html

Read more>All We'll Drive, on Blogger

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
OMG those are sick looking wheels. The offset is perfect. I thought they'd be allot more expensive too. Nice!