ROAD to 400HP

Mdheever

Hi guys,

Currently progress to try and get my 2006 STi to 400HP(flywheel) on pump fuel and thought I would share how it goes.

Current mods of the car;

ACL Bearings
Standard Rods
Manley 100mm pistons
Arp headtuds
12mm oil pump
Mishimoto radiator
Silicone turbo intake
Bigger intercooler
Td05 20g turbo
255l walbro
Full 76mm dp and exhaust
HKS EVCs

Think thats about it.

Currently tuned for 1 bar @232kw (311hp) as my injectors are maxing out.

Next step is one step colder plugs, 750cc injectors and tune.

Looking to do 1.2 bar daily and 1.4 with octane boost.

Have recieved my plugs today and hopefully injectors will be delivered this week still. Then need to install which I see is not so easy haha

What power are you guys pushing with similar setups?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I had a similar setup on my 06 and it made 387 at the wheels on pump gas with the 20G at sea level. Consider TGV deletes and headers also as you will see big gains from that. If you have it available, E85 is the biggest bang for the buck IMO and it will get you to 400WHP with no problem. For that you would shoot for 1000CC injectors though. If not then a better solution besides octane booster is meth injection.

Mdheever

Got my one step colder plug and injectors this week. Busy sorting out my wheels and will then install them and get tuned.
3b3ac0e5cba4225e122f0f377c85155f.jpg
f5b7705a052a7e49ce5103e9041f5bb5.jpg

Mdheever

I installed the one step colder plugs over the weekend and the but dyno says the car is much happier with it

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I installed the one step colder plugs over the weekend and the but dyno says the car is much happier with it

What did you gap them to?

Mdheever

The came pre gapped at 0.031(0.8mm). Which I saw was the standard gapp for them so kept it like that

Mdheever

I installed my injectors last weekend and retuned during last week. Pump fuel map was only around 1.25bar(18.1psi) to be able to run additional timing rather than boost. Bought some OB and mapped my 1.5bar(21.7psi) boost map on the HKS EVCS and it is a different monster.

dc9dec0a2dfce7e43b135e72257b3172.jpg

Mdheever

Upate: Did 340hp and 373ft lb at the flywheel. I am relatively happy with the results but would have liked some more power. Issue is my car really does not want to take too much timing at the top and can only do 13deg from peak torque up to 16deg to redline increasing it make the motor knock.

Next stage would be a progressive water meth kit to be able to run higher timing at the top.

Any other advise on increasing top end power?

318fb4c6f6a4a697a74a4ada61ab27e8.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Since you're already looking into meth, TGV deletes and headers like [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] said earlier on, especially if both are still stock. :tup:

Have you tested the actual octane rating from the supply your getting. You might want to try a different fuel source.

But agreed the TGV delete will free up some ponies. You can even port and polish the intake manifold and throttle body pretty easily since the intake manifold would be removed for the the deletes. If only do that if you were doing the P&P your self.

If you do the header up pipe you might want to look in to external waste gate at that time since your already investing cash in to that system.

Good luck with the build

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk