RomRaider Questions

Boosted16

Was wondering if anyone here uses RomRaider and might be able to answer a few questions.

I'm wondering if it has to be used with the Tactrix cable or could I use the snapon pass thru jbox.

I already use for programming at the shop, and would I be able to log with the pass-thru?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmm, interesting. I've never personally used RomRaider with anything but the Tactrix cable before. A quick search also doesn't net back any good results.

Boosted16

Hmm, interesting. I've never personally used RomRaider with anything but the Tactrix cable before. A quick search also doesn't net back any good results.
I saw a couple mentions on RomRaider about the j2534 but nothing in detail about using it. I have the snap on j2534 pass thru 3 box, I also have the efilive cable, and have done multiple tunes on diesel engines with both. Not opposed to getting the Tactrix cable but if the jbox works why not just use it lol, plus I'm new to RomRaider and tuning on the gas side, so just reading up as much as I can before I start.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you don't mind, let us know which revision Tactrix cable you'll receive.

It'll state on the serial number sticker.

I believe mine is revision H and I'm curious if they have made more since I've purchased mine circa 2014.