sti_newbie 04 JDM STI

sti_newbie

I haven't got any logs with the standard injectors though so that would mean I need to source one standard injector anyway

Don't worry about it... Install new injectors and just type in the injector size and latency info into ECUFlash and that will get you close enough. Then send me a log and we can scale them pretty easy.

Or you might just benefit from [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] and IGOTSTi's complimentary eTuning service. He is pretty good! I know him personally LOL!

sti_newbie

[MENTION=5942]Real Auto Dynamics[/MENTION]

Thank you. I will be ordering an Injector Dynamics set.

I suppose ID850 should be sufficient up to 500bhp? Might need to increase fuel pressure but should be ok I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm just thinking in advance now.. Stock engine can take about 450-500hp in stock form right? I don't want to waste money but rather purchase something once and be done with it.

Also, I have read the thread regarding eTuning and will consider it at some point. I'm trying my best to learn along the way though.

I would just go with ID1000 right off the bat. They will still be very stable at idle yet provide you with enough fuel for any future endeavor be it high HP or E85. They are also very easy to tune.

450whp is just about the limit of the stock block. True reliable results would put you around 400whp. Anything after that is a crap shoot and the quality of the tune and maintenance practices will determine its reliability

The best way for you to learn tuning is to actually observe the tuning process and the steps needed to derive a final result and from the right person. The eTuning process provided here will do that for you for sure. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] will likely explain every step and adjustment in detail and doesn't hold back secrets. Consider it for sure.

sti_newbie

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]
Following the "Newbies guide to logging" thread.. I can tell that my MAF is not calibrated since my WOT AFR does not much my fuel map's AFR. I can say this since my only mod on the car was an LM-1 innovate wideband controller stuck on the windshield.

Also, following [MENTION=5942]Real Auto Dynamics[/MENTION] advice, I have read all 12 pages of the eTuning service thread. HolyCrapItsFast, do you have anything to add or comment to what RealAutoDynamics have said? Is this how the eTuning process works?

Do you agree re ID1000?

All other users comments are welcomed, especially from people that used the eTuning service before

sti_newbie

Real Auto Dynamics, are you saying that the complete standard short block can take 450whp or just the bare block with better internals?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Real Auto Dynamics, are you saying that the complete standard short block can take 450whp or just the bare block with better internals?

I think he's saying that a completely stock short block can handle up to 450whp...but with factory internals, that engine is running on borrowed time.

The general rule of thumb is 400whp is the *reliable* limit for a factory engine. The block itself, with forged internals should handle considerably more power than that. There are some weird exceptions, and when it comes right down to it the deciding factor is almost always the tune (on a completely stock engine).

Factory blocks, even with forged internals also seem to have a power limit somewhere around 600whp (at which point the block's case halves can be damaged), but that is debatable as well.

sti_newbie

That sounds like the power that most of the modern short blocks can take.

what happens to the case halves then at 600whp? Do they twist and get damaged?
If this sounds newb its because this is my first boxer engine and I know nothing about them

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
LOL I am Real Auto Dynamics hehe!

So yeah I agree! You should take advantage of our e-tuning service. The only requirement is that you purchase a membership, but I only enforce that after the tune is complete and you are satisfied with the results. That and be able to log the wide band AFR gauge. Plus you get free touch-up tunes any time you desire for as long as I am around.

@HolyCrapItsFast
Following the "Newbies guide to logging" thread.. I can tell that my MAF is not calibrated since my WOT AFR does not much my fuel map's AFR. I can say this since my only mod on the car was an LM-1 innovate wideband controller stuck on the windshield.

Also, following @Real Auto Dynamics advice, I have read all 12 pages of the eTuning service thread. HolyCrapItsFast, do you have anything to add or comment to what RealAutoDynamics have said? Is this how the eTuning process works?

Do you agree re ID1000?

All other users comments are welcomed, especially from people that used the eTuning service before

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

So yeah I agree! You should take advantage of our e-tuning service. The only requirement is that you purchase a membership, but I only enforce that after the tune is complete and you are satisfied with the results. That and be able to log the wide band AFR gauge. Plus you get free touch-up tunes any time you desire for as long as I am around.

Seeing as how you're such an amazing person, you better be around for a long ass time!!!!! :angry:

sti_newbie

Hahaha great. I will order the injectors and study the tuning guide to be as prepared as possible since I would like to learn from the process. Platinum membership is not a problem.

sti_newbie

Right, I believe my injectors are top feed but on the web I read that are side feed.
I believe this is a spec C engine, also no TGVs as far as I can tell. Can anyone clarify if this is a USDM / JDM thing?

Right, I believe my injectors are top feed but on the web I read that are side feed.
I believe this is a spec C engine, also no TGVs as far as I can tell. Can anyone clarify if this is a USDM / JDM thing?
I believe side feed are only an USDM thing that cursed the 04-06 sti only.

Your JDM so you should be top feed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The JDM STi uses top feed and they don't have TGV's. You lucky bastard!!! :lol: