Subaru's New Forester STI tS Concept Heats Up Our Imagination

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Monday, September 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm | Posted by Dan Mihalascu

Just like it did with the previous generation Forester, Subaru has unveiled an STI tS concept in Japan to test the waters for a sportier (at least in terms of looks) Forester.

Presented at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan during the last weekend of August's SuperGT race, the Subaru Forester STI tS study sports a World Rally Blue color with accents in STI’s Cherry Red color.on the griller, rear bumper and badges.

The Forester STI tS Concept looks meaner than the production model thanks to the redesigned front bumper, black-painted grille frame, mirror caps and spoiler, dark tinted windows and lowered suspension.

Subaru says the vehicle is just a concept car and was only displayed to get feedback from customers. The company didn’t say anything about the engine or performance of the Forester-based study. As it is still under development, the Subaru people didn’t show the interior, but a few shots taken reveal an STI-badged leather steering wheel and gear knob with red stitching as well as red accents on the seats and dashboard and carbon fiber trim.

Subaru has not decided yet whether the Forester STI will become a reality, but if it does, let’s hope it will bring mechanical upgrades as well. After all, STI boss Hiroshi Mori said the Forester STI tS study was developed as a fun to drive vehicle and “a joy to own.”

Story references & image credits: Response

PHOTOS

I rather be driving my STi... o wait this is STi too! :subaru:

05wrb

My wife would drive the shit out of that......!!!!! They need to make it!!!! People still want the 05 -07 forester XT. And this would be perfect.