The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

I'm not even sure I could tell you because I've completely lost track. Let's just say it's probably around twice as much as I budgeted for and I was pretty generous on the estimate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Lol I have done this twice now and both times I tried to keep cost down, then lost complete track of spending in final assembly due to unseen stuff that always pops up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can't remember whether I mentioned this previously or not, but when trying to replace my steering rack bushings, I broke a bolt. If anyone is familiar with how they go into the crossmember, you'll instantly go "Oooooooh shitttt". Anyways, with all these other problems, I haven't had the time to find a perfect solution yet and I've lost even more time this week with a severe case of Montezuma's Revenge.

Anyway, the reason I mention this is, with the steering rack partially hanging loose, I don't want to move the steering wheel much *BUT* I have to move the car TOMORROW from our current house to the new one we just bought and moved into. My buddy is bringing a trailer to move my car with and while it is a straight shot out of my current garage, our new house has a wicked tight turn into the garage that we won't be able to get the trailer into. So how do I turn the car into there without turning the wheel.

After some consideration, I decided to pick these up after work today: A pair of 1,500 lb. wheel dollies from Harbor Freight for $56!

67338_W3.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Back in for the move. Then out again next week. :doh:

0a491e75e8ccf046454eed42c7696206.jpg

Last edited:

zkemp82

DONT HIT ANY BUMPS, OR MAKE SURE YOU SECURE THE DOLLY TO THE WHEEL!!!!!! My car sat from November through late June while I waited to find the perfect 6 speed swap. Over that time, everything seized up making it next to impossible to roll into the garage. I thought the same as you, and bought those cheapies at HF. When I got the car to the lip of my garage (literally <1/2"), the dolly stopped, but my car kept moving and I introduced the dolly to my fender :doh:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
DONT HIT ANY BUMPS, OR MAKE SURE YOU SECURE THE DOLLY TO THE WHEEL!!!!!! My car sat from November through late June while I waited to find the perfect 6 speed swap. Over that time, everything seized up making it next to impossible to roll into the garage. I thought the same as you, and bought those cheapies at HF. When I got the car to the lip of my garage (literally <1/2"), the dolly stopped, but my car kept moving and I introduced the dolly to my fender :doh:

Sounds like solid advice, learned the hard way!

Strap those suckas on!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Unfortunately, I read this reply 90 minutes too late...

I shit you not, this is exactly what just happened to me. :doh: Scratched one side a little, but scratched deep and dented the other fender. Damnit! :banghead:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I have a video of rolling the car out of the trailer, but Tapatalk won't let me upload it and my PC is in a bunch of pieces. Kinda like the car.

Anyway... Goodbye old garage!
214fd93f14039a10f7dde57964b71961.jpg
9d649fc21ef6ee2b3ccb2784d0de989c.jpg
0ec51db8f0a434310602575dba108304.jpg
6c80047d02298d856377156da4e4f8c5.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn, man. Can you snap some pictures of the damage done from the dollies?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Damn, man. Can you snap some pictures of the damage done from the dollies?
It not as bad as you think. Then again, on the side with the deeper scratch you can't see the dent very well in the photo but I assure you, it's there.

I'm having a bunch of body work and paint done next year anyway, so it is what it is. :unsure:

5ad1b1cbb87a3c542b7c2bfc0a8a3fec.jpg

eb78e0e776c94edcfb3341f5339fbff2.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, I'm glad the damage wasn't too bad at least.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
We moved everything that was left in the garage today. Multiple rolling tool boxes, random boxes of car parts new and old, oils and fluids of all kinds, lawn furniture, etc. We rented a 17' U-Haul, filled it completely to the door and only had to make one trip. Everything is already unloaded into the new garage as well and we only started 5 hours ago. Not too shabby.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I think we need an MTV Cribs style introduction to your new house! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:lol: Nah, that's too much. Especially with all the boxes that are still every where and the garage packed full. But I'll post a couple photos for you guys in a little bit.

Last edited:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
He shows us the house like anyone here was interested in that...cmon man...before and after of the garage. :lol:
Just kidding, house looks nice man!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
He shows us the house like anyone here was interested in that...cmon man...before and after of the garage. Just kidding, house looks nice man!

Thanks! The first two are the old garage, and then the Batmobile in the new one. There is less square footage in this new garage, but the ceiling is at least 3 feet higher, we are putting in a bunch of shelves, and now we have a basement I can store some garage stuff in. So it all works out.

de1cec8c5d13ffe648cc9881fa101b8f.jpg

b1c29d022beee47d66978647c7486188.jpg

e8177e4f2867ab71f30d847b60efb673.jpg