The clunk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The rear strut clunk? It's the binding of the rear struts... You can fix it by re-greasing. While you're at it, you can add a zerk fitting to allow easier re-greasings in the future.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Someone on NASIOC said: "deal with the clunking or buy a new car"
Hahahahah :lol:
On IWSTI i have seen people buying the FEAL coilovers. They are similar to stock and dont clunk. Majority of the people on there also said the clunk comes back some time after you regrease. Mine have been clunking since i bought the car. I cant hear it over my straightpipe since i installed it. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
My Feal coilovers are nothing close to my stock ones.

Z1107

Also check your control arm bushing. Mine was clunking because the control arm bushing bracket snapped.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Someone on NASIOC said: "deal with the clunking or buy a new car"
Hahahahah :lol:
On IWSTI i have seen people buying the FEAL coilovers. They are similar to stock and dont clunk. Majority of the people on there also said the clunk comes back some time after you regrease. Mine have been clunking since i bought the car. I cant hear it over my straightpipe since i installed it. :tup:

Feal 441's.

ZachTTLM

You can also be getting the clunk from the rear differential and subframe movement. They have kits to reduce/prevent this. Simple as two bolts to lock down the subframe and some bushings to reduce movement of the differential from sloppy rubber bushings.