Welcome, dressed_up_subie

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!

You're going to absolutely love it here!!!

What other cars have you had prior to the STi?

How does the STi compare to them?

Is there anything that you don't like about it?

What do you love the most about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dress Up Bolts

On Vacation
Welcome to IGOTASTI!

You're going to absolutely love it here!!!

What other cars have you had prior to the STi?

How does the STi compare to them?

Is there anything that you don't like about it?

What do you love the most about it?
Hey Alin,

I haven't had many cars that would be comparable to the STI. Previous car list included:
  • 2001 F350
  • 2004 Suzuki Verona
  • 2011 Chevy Cruze (Wifes Car)
  • 1999 F150 (Still Have)
  • 2014 Subaru BRZ (Still Have)
The closest would be the BRZ. The STI is fun because it is the fastest car I have and I love having a turbo. The BRZ is more fun to drive on the back roads around where I live.

The car still had its original head unit so I already swapped that out for a Pioneer which was a great improvement. I am trying to improve its handling so I have ordered a set of Fortune Auto coilovers. It already has new bushings and bracing throughout the chassis.

The world rally blue color and the fact that it is a hatchback. I have always wanted an STI and for me, the hatchback was the one I really wanted.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit, a BRZ! So, I'm actually in the process of finding the perfect FT86 for myself right now. I've had my STi for over a decade and have been lusting over an FT86 since they released, and actually knew one would be my next permanent vehicle. I've looked at a few already and driven one manual so far. I'm going to bombard you with questions now!

1) Did you buy your BRZ new or used?
2) Did you choose the manual or automatic transmission, and why?
3) Have you modified your car, and if so, what did you change?
4) Have you encountered any mechanical issues with your specific vehicle, seeing as it is a 2014 model year.
5) How many miles does your BRZ have, and how has it been reliable?
6) Have you autocrossed, tracked, or drifted your BRZ? If you've drifted, how capable is it in doing so?
7) What other cars were you looking at when you purchased your BRZ? Why did you decide on the BRZ over the others?
8) Do you have any regrets with the car, whether it was an experience or something in regards to modifications?
9) What exterior color did you opt for on the BRZ, and why?
10) Is your BRZ a Premium or a Limited model? Why did you choose over the other option?
11) Can you post some pictures of the BRZ?

It appears that we're essentially swapping worlds, whereas you're adding an STi to compliment your BRZ, and I'll be adding an FT86 to compliment my STi! I stopped caring about power roughly 5 or so years ago, and I'm convinced an FT86 is exactly the perfect car for me!

Now, in regards to your STi, is there any aspect of it that feels inferior to the BRZ?

Dress Up Bolts

On Vacation
Holy shit, a BRZ! So, I'm actually in the process of finding the perfect FT86 for myself right now. I've had my STi for over a decade and have been lusting over an FT86 since they released, and actually knew one would be my next permanent vehicle. I've looked at a few already and driven one manual so far. I'm going to bombard you with questions now!

1) Did you buy your BRZ new or used?
2) Did you choose the manual or automatic transmission, and why?
3) Have you modified your car, and if so, what did you change?
4) Have you encountered any mechanical issues with your specific vehicle, seeing as it is a 2014 model year.
5) How many miles does your BRZ have, and how has it been reliable?
6) Have you autocrossed, tracked, or drifted your BRZ? If you've drifted, how capable is it in doing so?
7) What other cars were you looking at when you purchased your BRZ? Why did you decide on the BRZ over the others?
8) Do you have any regrets with the car, whether it was an experience or something in regards to modifications?
9) What exterior color did you opt for on the BRZ, and why?
10) Is your BRZ a Premium or a Limited model? Why did you choose over the other option?
11) Can you post some pictures of the BRZ?

It appears that we're essentially swapping worlds, whereas you're adding an STi to compliment your BRZ, and I'll be adding an FT86 to compliment my STi! I stopped caring about power roughly 5 or so years ago, and I'm convinced an FT86 is exactly the perfect car for me!

Now, in regards to your STi, is there any aspect of it that feels inferior to the BRZ?
Hey Alin,

Not a problem.

1) I bought it used in 2016 with 40,000 miles on it.
2) Manual transmission. I just like the feeling and control of driving the manual.
3) Currently the drivetrain is still stock. I have Tomei UEL headers waiting to be installed. I have Ambit RS18 Wheels (18/9.5/+35 offset). Valenti Smoked taillights. Cusco "carbon" strut tower bar. Dress Up Bolts titanium hardware engine bay kit. Stance USA rear lower control arms (60mm drop). Fortune Auto 500 coilovers with added swift springs and air cup system. MXP Comp RS catback exhaust. I think that is it right now haha.
4) No, it has been perfect (knock on wood). I do all the fluid changes myself and switch the oil, transmission, and diff fluids to full synthetic using Motul.
5) The millage is now around 65,000. Very reliable, but mine didn't have to go through the recall.
6) None, my friends keep trying to get me to take it to an autocross event, but I am more building as a show car for Dress Up Bolts at the moment.
7) I was really considering a Nissan 370z. I test drove one and really liked the feel of it. At the time I knew I would need a back seat for a car seat eventually so I went with the BRZ over the 370z. Now that I have my STI I might just do a rear seat delete in the BRZ.
8) I wish I would have done more to protect the front bumper from rock chips. I am going to have it repaired and repainted soon.
9) World Rally Blue! Love the color, I am the only BRZ in my local community of 30+ that isn't grey, black, or white so I stand out haha.
10) Limited, I had to have all the nice features. Premiums are for peasants haha jk.
11) Pictures Attached

The STI doesn't give me the confidence the BRZ does tearing down back roads. The Fortune Autos I have coming might change that though.

Attachments

• IMG_8687_Reduced Size.jpg
    IMG_8687_Reduced Size.jpg
    850.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8690_Reduced Size.jpg
    IMG_8690_Reduced Size.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 48

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thanks so much for the response and the insight! Your car looks phenomenal! I especially love the JDM/F1/fourth brake light, and my car will NEED to have one as well!