Welcome, Grocery Getter

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Grocery Getter

Thanks. Was frightened (wallet drain) to sign up. Feels like the top of the toboggan run....lol That's where life is though....

I have a 2019 STI in the blue with the big tail I have grown to love. Bought with 8K on it and have bumped to 13K in a couple or 3 mths :)
So far, using restraint I might add, this is where it sits:
1) cat back 3" exhaust
2) cold air intake from Cobb
3) accessport from Cobb

In house waiting to put on:
1) heat shield for turbo (Cobb)
2) pillar mnt for accessport
3) SUBARU SILICONE TURBO INLET V2 STI 2008-2021

Need input from you as to which downpipe to get and why. Bearing in mind a larger turbo might appear under the hood sometime in the future. :)
Even though I told myself I would not enhance this car it seems it has begun.

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

Part of my 1st message was missing - here is the other piece.....

I have a 2019 STI in the blue with the big tail I have grown to love. Bought with 8K on it and have bumped to 13K in a couple or 3 mths :)
So far, using restraint I might add, this is where it sits:
1) cat back 3" exhaust
2) cold air intake from Cobb
3) accessport from Cobb

In house waiting to put on:
1) heat shield for turbo (Cobb)
2) pillar mnt for accessport
3) SUBARU SILICONE TURBO INLET V2 STI 2008-2021

Need input from you as to which downpipe to get and why. Bearing in mind a larger turbo might appear under the hood sometime in the future. :)
Even though I told myself I would not enhance this car it seems it has begun.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Start up a build journal, you'll likely get more responses in there!

As for downpipe, make sure it's a full 3" (not Cobb) that necks down to 2.5". And if you're thinking of going EWG later you can get one that has the built in, along with an o2 port for a wideband sensor. The O2 port is easy to add on when its off the car. I got a no-name downpipe, but i wasnt after big power and i was on a stock turbo

Grocery Getter

Start up a build journal, you'll likely get more responses in there!

As for downpipe, make sure it's a full 3" (not Cobb) that necks down to 2.5". And if you're thinking of going EWG later you can get one that has the built in, along with an o2 port for a wideband sensor. The O2 port is easy to add on when its off the car. I got a no-name downpipe, but i wasnt after big power and i was on a stock turbo
Thanks for the words! I am not familiar with forums and their ways.
You mentioned not to get the necked down to 2.5" version. Would you be able to explain why? All the downpipes I have viewed ship in 20 to 56 days@#$%^&
AFE ships in a few days however it does next down. Is it to create more back pressure?
I am not good at waiting when I turn a corner.

Build sheet - simple list of what I have done followed by where I am going? Is that the idea?

Cheers,

David

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yes, the necking to 2.5" is there to connect to a factory 2.5" cat-back exhaust. But if you're doing a full 3" exhaust its an necessary restriction. It's like upgrading to a milkshake straw, but putting a regular straw section in it. I

As for build/journal--make it your own. Most people put in pictures, plans, etc... Good place to document your journey and get advice from others on problems, parts, etc..

Grocery Getter

Yes, the necking to 2.5" is there to connect to a factory 2.5" cat-back exhaust. But if you're doing a full 3" exhaust its an necessary restriction. It's like upgrading to a milkshake straw, but putting a regular straw section in it. I

As for build/journal--make it your own. Most people put in pictures, plans, etc... Good place to document your journey and get advice from others on problems, parts, etc..
As I review the AFE website looking at Twisted Steel Down Pipe 2-1/2 to 3 IN 304 Stainless Steel w/ Cat
it seems to me that the necking runs the opposite way. My exhaust is 3". Having a 2.5" entering the exhaust pipes is crazy, for sure. I shall check with them. Tks