Went to work this morning....and decided to join IGOTASTi

Piratemosh666

Greetings from Western NY.

Bought my '04 in September of '10 from the Ford dealership I work at. It was a trade in on a '10 GT500, so I decided that after months of having the owner of the dealership look at trying to find me a decent WRX at auctions, (and having it not pan out) we struck up a deal on the STi. Lucky for me he had no interest in the car nor did he really have a clue as to what he had, just what he had into it after putting it through the shop.......see, this is when keeping your mouth shut really comes in handy :wink: I stole this car (figuratively speaking of course).

Details:
Car is PSM, and has as of right now.....54,xxx miles on it. No real mods to speak of outside a set of Epic Engineering lowering springs, an APS Short Ram intake, and a cheap ass cat-back exhaust from PalPerformance (cheap Chinese ebay garbage) that's starting to rust up real nice. Sigh....you get what you pay for, amirite? Anyway.....uh, no tune as of yet.....I know, I know, you NEED to tune that thing is all I keep hearing, but life sucks, and I have a son and a broken wife and a house that I have to take care of. I have a small pile of parts that I have yet to install such as a couple of Prosport gauges (oil psi, boost), a Walbro 255, and COBB shifter bushings. I've also got a couple of MSBS parts for when I finally find someone to swap trunks with me so I can go wingless. Future plans are to get a good catless DP, and finally get that t00n and that will be pretty much it......until the really poor ride qualty gets to me and I send the struts off to FEAL for a rebuild and a revalve to work with the springs. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Ask away. I'll try and give as much info as I can (or as much as my brain will allow me access to).

Let me try to find some decent pics.....
IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

The car currently does not have the STi V-limited lip on it as an afternoon snow drifting session has since removed it for me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

Start up a member's journal to keep us updated on the build.

As for a tune: you can get it for....$160 plus the cost of membership. $160 (i think that's it) is for a Tactrix cable, that allows you to do your own tuning...its the "open source" vs the Cobb Accessport. But HolyCrapItsFast on here is quite a tuner and offers free e-tunes for sponsors. Im in the process of going though one now myself, and the difference is night and day.

Anyways, glad you got such a steal on the car!

When you are looking for parts theres a "request a quote" section on here where you post up what you want and the vendors PM you awesome deals!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. 04FTW! Glad you could join us. Also we tune here for premium members. :)

Piratemosh666

Thanks fellers....I'll try to get to the member journal, although it really won't be much of a build per se. Just some simple "stage 2" stuff and the usual appearence mods.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you for joining and welcome! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup: