What is the best car wax?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OK, I was wondering what you boys think is the best car wax? I want something that shines and protects and goes on easy. Thanks.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ive been using Ice. I don't think it is the best mostly because it doesn't really last as long as others but for a quick polish that is super easy to apply and super easy to remove it is awesome.

The shine and contrast it adds to my finish is nothing short of amazing. Another reason I like it is you could also use it on all the black plastic parts with out worrying about it turning white. It also hides minor scratches very well.

The trick to using it though is to apply it on a warm sunny day. You don't have to worry about direct sun light. It likes it. It's good on our colors but dark colors I wouldn't use it.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OK thanks I will have to pick up and bottle and try it. Have you ever tried Zanos? I think it is spelled that way.,

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah me either, lol. My one friend swears by it so who knows, lol!

Jason31090

Ziaon or Zino, something like that. My friend Pat lives by this shit and prides himself and his 2011 STi with it. I don't remember if it was expensive or not but either way its well worth every penny. His car looks amazing.

Look it up guys, you won't be disappointed.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's the wax I was talking about! Thanks Jason!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Now I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Paul.c

I have been using meguirs NXT tech wax 2.0. So far I have been very happy with it. I personally like to use the clay bar after I wash it then wash again and then use the wax. It makes for a long day but in the end it shines soooooo beautifully. I also like that the meguirs can be purchased anywhere. I have also used their nxt 2.0 polish, very good stuff. And don't forget the detailing spray.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Paul what and how does the clay bar work? I never did that.

Paul.c

this is the exact kit that I use:

BTW the old fashioned cleaner wax is awesome stuff also. Like he said it has been out for a long time and I used it on my cars as a teeneger and still use it today on occasion, like when I have to split up my wash and waxing into 2 days.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome thanks for the info buddy!