What kind of attention does your STi get?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
So, I saw this thread on IWSTIl.com with the exact title of this thread. I replied, but unbeknownst to me, it was in the 2015 STi discussion, which I missed because I was on tapatalk. So, I'lll pose the question here for All STi's, 2004-2015
My apologies if there is already a thread for this.

What Kind Of Attention Does Your STi Get?

-I'll kick it off: Here in Atlanta(and pretty much anywhere else I go) I get people looking at my car, talking about it, complimenting me on it, etc from all walks of life. From kids to teens to car people and non-car people alike. Rich and poor. Everybody loves it. Corvette guys, muscle guys, guys in Mercedes S-Class', women walking down the street, freaking everyone.....including Cops. :|. Case in point, I got pulled in Winston Salem on the way back from a convention doing....wait for it....3 or 4 over. I saw the cop, was all "He's not gonna pull me I'm going less than 5 over....WHaaaaa??@!!" Thankfully, guy was "nice" about it, he was just warning me to slow down a little bit. Anyway, it gets attention everywhere it goes. and I mean everywhere!!, That may be because it's World Rally Blue, but man...freaking everywhere!
How about y'all??

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Zero love here, when in stealth mode. If i put the APR wing on it i get lots of looks! Even then, though, the carbon fiber is painted so its somewhat muted.

My wife drove the car to work a few days ago, and apparently a coworker of hers commented on my brakes.

But mostly no love.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
"Wow! Those are some really small brakes!" [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] Im sure she didnt tell you about all of the guys that were whistling! Hahaha

Its different if a girl is driving an STi. Waaaaay different!

ZackUSAF82

Most of the compliments I get are from Subaru guys and gals or younger kids/young adults. I mostly get hatred where I live since muscle cars are huge in my area, tons of Mustangs/Camaros/Corvettes etc, new and old. They all hate my car, mainly because I can keep up with a lot of them, but they still hate it, talk about it being import junk, 4 banger, rice burner...etc. Then, when I point out the amount of overseas parts on the newer "muscle" cars it's all crickets of course...or I get flipped off/cussed out and told to fuck off. Love it. :D

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not much love here. In the 6 years I can count the compliments on one hand and the complaints? Let's just say I lost count when the boots came off.
Here, it's all about domestic muscle or luxury sport coupes. Seems even all of the ricers here grew up and bought g35/37 but still hold onto the mentality.
However, I don't drive it for the attention so I'm ok with it. Though, the criticism gets old... ignorant Neanderthals.

zax

When I bought my 2015 it was the only 2015 in the area. Needless to say it garnered a lot of attention off the bat.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I saw the first 15 sti on the STREET yesterday. Definitely a different presence compared to seeing a GD and GR. It looks great! The LEDs in the front are retarded bright!

35r

Im not sure about what kind i get, i never stop to get feedback. But i can only imagine it negative. I drive like an asshole. Usually in a low gear letting the wastegate yell at people.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im not sure about what kind i get, i never stop to get feedback. But i can only imagine it negative. I drive like an asshole. Usually in a low gear letting the wastegate yell at people.

Interesting driving behavior from someone with a bone stock sti! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I get a lot of critics. Plus its a bright blue car. Who the hell is gonna miss it? :lol:

droopys

The other day I was taking my girlfriend to work and there were a bunch of kinds on a feild trip I suppose lol. Anyway they one kid started yelling whoaaa look every there a race carr look it even has gold rims whoaaa what are the red things.. teachers started laugh and saying thank you, you just made their day

droopys

But to beat it I had some older "hotshot" in a new body style mustang with 2 of his friends in the car look at that ricer peice of shit what f@g "these are his words not mine no offense to anyboby" he continued you pos car ain't got shit on my v8 I started to laugh just so happens up the road I hit a red light with him at the front yelled put your money where your mouths at... He reved up right before green I told him I'll me you at the next light for payment

droopys

Next light I don't want your money nor do I need it home boy got spanked made his friends laugh at him than the excuses started flying bunch of girls I said as I jammed out on green hate pony boys haha sore loosers

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Women usually drop their panties I'm not sure why it's just a car.

The other day I was taking my girlfriend to work and there were a bunch of kinds on a feild trip I suppose lol. Anyway they one kid started yelling whoaaa look every there a race carr look it even has gold rims whoaaa what are the red things.. teachers started laugh and saying thank you, you just made their day

As a teacher myself, I know how important little things like that are. Good for you man lol.

If y'all haven't checked the thread on NASIOC called funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie, you need to check that out. It's quite a funny read. It's long, sure, but a good time killer if you've got some to kill lol.

Women usually drop their panties I'm not sure why it's just a car.
:lol::lol::lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Iv been getting lots of attention lately, my 44mm wg is stuck wide open LOL

"Wow look at that ricer..."

That kind of attention? :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
"Wow that civic sounds like shit" kind of attention. Its awful.

Aww man. You make the v8 guys chuckle at your civic. How dare they laugh! :lol:

"Holy shit that civic is fast!!!!!" :lol:

Last edited: