What polish/wax brand?

jswansti

Hey guys. I want to clay bar, polish, and wax my car this weekend but I don't have time to order anything or the funds for super fancy nice stuff.

So, what's a good decent priced brand to use that can be picked up at an auto store? Im using Mothers clay bar, do they have a good detailing kit product as well? Black magic? Maguiers? Turtle wax? Ice?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

722ish

Based on my experiences, the only two I would use from that list are Meguiars and Mothers, and in that order as well. Meguiars ultimate wax is a decent long lasting one, but will require some prep. Meguiars NXT is another decent one available at discount/walmart stores. Some Advance/discount auto parts stores carry griots which gets mixed reviews but is largely decent stuff if even slightly overpriced, and they may also carry Collonite 845 insulator wax if i recall correctly. That stuff is supposed to be quite durable, although I have no personal experience. Using a polish or paint cleaner prior will be the best bet with any of the ones you come across, and will extend how they perform as well as how long they last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

jswansti

Thanks for the info! This is what im gonna use:

-Mothers clay bar kit
-Griots Polish. My dad has some already.
-Meguiers gold wax

We'll see how it turns out!

722ish

That sounds like a pretty good combination. Gold class compliments darker colors well but works well on any color! You should post up the results!

jswansti

Finished the engine bay and done polishing. Next, wax!

uploadfromtaptalk1338137577863.jpg

aee8881e-5c15-796f.jpg

Bluedemon_II

I wax my car with Zymol. When I clay, I use Meguiers clay. I have tried all sorts of waxes from Turtle, Meguiers and some other crap. I'm happy with the shine that Zymol gives to the paint and it last about 1 to 2 months on the car in Puerto Rico weather.

PS. She looks clean!

jswansti

Thanks! Here's one after I was all finished. Just cell pics, looks way better in person.

b8600943-2adf-f0ac.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338255993330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338255993330.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 59