what would you do?

jswansti

Okay here is the situation:

It turns out my summer set of tires are a bit too bald to put on so I need new ones. I cancget a decent set from my brother mounted and balanced for $400. But there's a guy in the neighboring city who has is selling his BBS rims painted black with potenza re070 tires with about 60% tread left for $600. I've wanted a second set of BBS's in black for a while now, so what would you guys do?? I wish I didn't need new tires at all, but seeing as ill be dipping into savings either way im wondering if its worth the additional $200 to get the rims I want with not new tired. Thanks for any comments!
jeff

05STiOwner

My opinion, I would recommend spending the extra $200 because you're getting another set off BBS with tires for an awesome deal. Most BBS I have seen without tire go for $600. Plus also you could use either set and have a set of all seasons or snow tires since you live in CO.

CFEJ257

I would spend a little extra and get wheels and tires its always good to have an extra set! That's a steal to!!

jswansti

Thanks for the input! I haven't had the urge to get wider rims since the only other suspension mode I want are springs and a front sway. I've wanted black BBS's just cuz I like the way they look but also didn't want get rid of my goldies since I love them too, even though they're a bit battered. The golds would be winter set and blacks summer set.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Spend the $600 and get the wheels and tires. That's a good price.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah... Plus you'll have these tires for atleast one season so you can think about new tires next year

jswansti

I figure these tires will last at least this season and hopefully some of next. I don't drive too crazy ha ha. Meeting him tomorrow afternoon to look at them. He said he painted them so ill have to look closely at them for flaws or anything else but they're probably still in much better condition than mine.

jswansti

Just got back from meeting with him and picking up the rims. The rims are in good shape, no curb rash or anything. Only a couple little dings in paint if you look closely. Might respray them eventually bit they look good for now. Tires have about 50% tread left and the ones in the front worn a bit on the sides so ill put them in the rear whenci put them on to help even it out. Glad to have another set!