Who here tunes there own vehicle?

TK-421

Oh I whole heartedly agree, and you'll find out in time that I'll be one of the first people to tell a company to go pound sand if they are going to lie/steal and cheat just to get a sale. That's why I go out of my way to help people out, I'd rather build a good rapport with my customers and friends alike.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Preach it brother!

[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] does both tactrix and accessport! :tup:

I had an AP but i switched to open source. So much better!

I'm going open source tune with a tactrix as well and will be attempting to do my own tuning but will be sourcing a good base map to start with.

TK-421

Just work in small steps make small adjustments and you'll learn in no time.

It's really not the voodoo magic that all these shops and places make it seem to be. And this is coming from a person who does all of this supposed voodoo magic everyday for a living

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ah so that's him, I have to thank him for some recent changes. Many a Evo customer has praised me for their open source tune. I mainly do most of my Subaru tunes via AP, but I do have the occasional OpenSourcer. Currently working on a OpenSource tune for a '14 WRX for a customer in Tennessee.

I'm wondering, am I the only one on here that tunes with Cobb? Is everyone else using open source? If so I guess that makes me the odd man out

I tune emm both. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Good deal man, glad I'm not the only Cobb protuner on here.

I'm not a protuner... I asked cobb about it but all I got was crickets. I work in AccessTuner Race and just ask my customers to give me their AccessTuner installations, Then I can make maps for them. Other than that I do open source. Honestly some of the Cobb protuners I have encountered through the years makes me want to cry for the community. Especially some of the shit I have fixed because of one well known e-tuner who supposedly knows his shit. I tell you the crap I have seen from this guy makes me want to kick babies.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
And this is why igotasti.com was created. To be a voice of truth in the darkness. :)

TK-421

I'm not a protuner... I asked cobb about it but all I got was crickets. I work in AccessTuner Race and just ask my customers to give me their AccessTuner installations, Then I can make maps for them. Other than that I do open source. Honestly some of the Cobb protuners I have encountered through the years makes me want to cry for the community. Especially some of the shit I have fixed because of one well known e-tuner who supposedly knows his shit. I tell you the crap I have seen from this guy makes me want to kick babies.

If you're interested in the protuner software I can send you a copy of the software we have at the shop. And I know what you mean, I'm currently correcting a "e-tune" on a customers 14 WRX and it literally looked like a kid that was coloring with a crayon sneezed when it came to the ignition map.

TK-421

And this is why igotasti.com was created. To be a voice of truth in the darkness. :)

Well I'm not afraid to speak my mind and call out a shotty tune from anyone whether it be a big name shop or someone who has had their "buddy" help them out.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I'm not afraid to speak my mind and call out a shotty tune from anyone whether it be a big name shop or someone who has had their "buddy" help them out.

Glad to hear that. Feels like you have been here for years, lol.

OUCH! Flag on the field! :rofl:
lols don't worry, I was gonna post my wishlist for them first. I'm pretty sure the can beat the pricing on the AP that I got from another outside vendor.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you're interested in the protuner software I can send you a copy of the software we have at the shop. And I know what you mean, I'm currently correcting a "e-tune" on a customers 14 WRX and it literally looked like a kid that was coloring with a crayon sneezed when it came to the ignition map.

Or fuel maps that look like swiss cheese.

No no not ncessary... If I can't get the software legally and on my own merits then Cobb can keep it. They are not the end all be all when it comes to Subaru, all though it feels that way sometimes. I have so many other tuning solutions under my belt and Cobb is just a drop in the bucket, though it would round out my portfolio.

TK-421

Or fuel maps that look like swiss cheese.

No no not ncessary... If I can't get the software legally and on my own merits then Cobb can keep it. They are not the end all be all when it comes to Subaru, all though it feels that way sometimes. I have so many other tuning solutions under my belt and Cobb is just a drop in the bucket, though it would round out my portfolio.

I agree, I've worked with AEM, Hydra, Megasquirt, Cobb, GReddy, Open Source, UpRev, Revo, Unitronic, UniChip, Haltech and Motec.

Took some classes with High Performance academy and FASTuuN. And after my first couple of tunes I was like Jesus this is easy, long story short, I know do it for a living as well as build engines and doing several other installs and fabrication.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I agree, I've worked with AEM, Hydra, Megasquirt, Cobb, GReddy, Open Source, UpRev, Revo, Unitronic, UniChip, Haltech and Motec.

Took some classes with High Performance academy and FASTuuN. And after my first couple of tunes I was like Jesus this is easy, long story short, I know do it for a living as well as build engines and doing several other installs and fabrication.

I probably don't have nearly the time and experience you do but I do work on a professional level for a local shop when they need tuning services for the few performance oriented customers they do get. I have also done some work for SpecOps Motorsports in the past as well as the e-tuning services for IGOTA. It is easy for me as well but I feel you have to be a special kind of mind because you need shit tons of intuition to make it work exceptionally. Many people are knowledgeable enough to be dangerous.

Other than that I design nuclear plants for a living. :lol:

On another note I have made myself a web application that manages the entire tuning process from the first communication with the client to the last map. With it, you can dialog with the customer, manage rom file data and log data relevant to that rom and archive older roms. You have a running history of your progress and you can attach dyno plots and other related files to each iteration of a tune. In no time, it will build a database for you to refer to for other similar builds. Right now it is mostly Subaru oriented but with a little work it can easily be adapted for any platform.

If you are interested in something like this, I could show it to you. It is not without possibility that I could make a version for your business.

TK-421

I probably don't have nearly the time and experience you do but I do work on a professional level for a local shop when they need tuning services for the few performance oriented customers they do get. I have also done some work for SpecOps Motorsports in the past as well as the e-tuning services for IGOTA. It is easy for me as well but I feel you have to be a special kind of mind because you need shit tons of intuition to make it work exceptionally. Many people are knowledgeable enough to be dangerous.

Other than that I design nuclear plants for a living. :lol:

On another note I have made myself a web application that manages the entire tuning process from the first communication with the client to the last map. With it, you can dialog with the customer, manage rom file data and log data relevant to that rom and archive older roms. You have a running history of your progress and you can attach dyno plots and other related files to each iteration of a tune. In no time, it will build a database for you to refer to for other similar builds. Right now it is mostly Subaru oriented but with a little work it can easily be adapted for any platform.

If you are interested in something like this, I could show it to you. It is not without possibility that I could make a version for your business.

Ahh Spec Ops! How is ol Mikey doing? Haven't talked to him in a decent while!

And a nuke huh? I've got a lot of family in the navy and air force and two of them are nukes stationed on CVN-65 the enterprise. Was told I could make a crude reactor from glow sticks and a smoke detector.

And that program sounds damn intriguing man, I'll talk with the other guys and see what they would like to do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ahh Spec Ops! How is ol Mikey doing? Haven't talked to him in a decent while!

And a nuke huh? I've got a lot of family in the navy and air force and two of them are nukes stationed on CVN-65 the enterprise. Was told I could make a crude reactor from glow sticks and a smoke detector.

And that program sounds damn intriguing man, I'll talk with the other guys and see what they would like to do.

I haven't seen Mikey for years now. For that matter I haven't even spoken to Matt in a while. We are all so busy lately. I'm dieing to see their new shop.

TK-421

I haven't seen Mikey for years now. For that matter I haven't even spoken to Matt in a while. We are all so busy lately. I'm dieing to see their new shop.

It's nice man real nice I stopped by there when I was down in VA Beach area for my grandmother's funeral that I went to. Mikey wasn't there, but Matt was and they were installing new turbos on a GTR, I was drooling not going to lie. I've considered buying one, but I'd have to sell my Evo and STi first haha