hello :)

CamaroWRX

I seem to get roped into joining a lot of forums. :)

I'm an autocrosser, an ice hockey player, a high school teacher... I'm a lot of things. I own two LT1 Camaros (one green terror and a plain jane black one), and a hawkeye WRX. The WRX is my primary autocross car right now, though I'm throwing things at the green terror bit-by-bit.
tues2%20by%20perry.JPG

165695_183671738333140_183661595000821_448904_2644442_n.jpg

Karen

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Glad to have you here! Welcome and enjoy your stay! :D

Check out the Member's Journals and feel free to start your own :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! Nice WRX.

CamaroWRX

Sweet action! Glad to have you here! We won't hate on LT1's too much .
:lol: No one hates on the green terror. Most are simply in awe of it's 410K miles on the original block, with the heads only having been off for head gaskets at 290K. And it's not had an "easy" life, having been drag raced (13.41@106 at Mason-Dixon Dragway, in stock-stock form), autocrossed (from May '96 through August '09), and open tracked (several times at Summit Point Raceway) starting from the very weekend it hit 1500 miles. I love that car. :)

F

fixem2

All cars are sweet!! I have to ask, how did you get 410k on the Green Terror? The LT1 is an nice engine.

CamaroWRX

All cars are sweet!! I have to ask, how did you get 410k on the Green Terror? The LT1 is an nice engine.
I used to drive it everywhere, including from Maryland to Wendover, Utah (on the Nevada border... most car people know it as "Bonneville"). It's been to Florida and back many times, Atlanta and back, Finger Lakes and back, Oscoda (2.5 hrs north of Detroit) and back several times, Topeka (Kansas) and back... plus, it was a daily driver (80-100 miles roundtrip).... it adds up!

Karen

BoxerRumbleSTi

Wow, that is crazy. I know you stayed up on maintenance. My buddy is HUGE into F Bodys, but now owns a C5 Vette. Don't qoute me on this but I believe he said like camaros or LT1's, the starter goes bad. Sometimes it can go bad after a few K miles, or more. Im considering buying one.

CamaroWRX

Wow, that is crazy. I know you stayed up on maintenance. My buddy is HUGE into F Bodys, but now owns a C5 Vette. Don't qoute me on this but I believe he said like camaros or LT1's, the starter goes bad. Sometimes it can go bad after a few K miles, or more. Im considering buying one.
He was probably referring to the Optispark distribution system. I'm on the original on the green car, and my theory is that the green car's Optispark got all the Opti mojo... so all other Optis go bad early on. ;)