central jersey guy, checking in

Jive Turkey

whats going on guys. i recently stumbled upon this site and figured i'd join.

so where to begin? well for starters my name is Ivan, i'm 20 and am a student at rutgers in new brunswick. i recently purchased my first new car, which is the 2011 sti sedan. i've been saving for it since i can remember. my old car, which was a 2000 lexus rx300, i ran into the ground. literally, the transmission blew up at 120k right as i was taking delivery of my sti, so trade in wasn't that great :rofl:

you can find me around the local meets, and roaming nasioc tristate forums. my name is hte same everywhere "jive turkey". i dont take myself seriously on these forums and am here to make new friends, help out, and learn.

here is the link to m journal on IWSTI, let me know what you guys think of her:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-memb...rb-sti-sedan-keyed-yesterday-pics-pg-5-a.html

a little about myself: i played ice hockey all my life. i currently am a poli sci major and russian minor, planning on attending law school. cars are one of my biggest passions. i also love photography, my camera and gear is usually always on me.
dont know what else to say but i look forward to possibly meeting some new people!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! Be sure to start a new journal here and take a look at the premium memberships for give aways and much more! Glad to have you on the team. We got lots going on so be sure to check it all out. Contest on twitter, facebook, STI of the month, giveaways and much much more! Nice to meet you I'm JJ.

Jive Turkey

what going on man, i'm trying to figure out this STI of the month is there one thread where we all post. because currently in the april one there is one car. or do we just make a new thread in the months and then there is a vote?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Make a new thread with a poll. There should be a announcement there for you to read. Thanks

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks, I will get some better pics of her once the weather gets nice. Lexi has only 9500 miles on her, yes 9500 original miles, lol. Check out the garage feature at top also to check out some rides.

Paul.c

welcome Jive Turkey :lol: we're glad to have you here. please start a journal and show us what you got.

Jive Turkey

yeah man. some people have no respect.
i tried to buff it out with compound and the MOST heavy duty stuff wasn't able to take it out. so i need either to repaint my hood or go get it filled and redone.
luckily i know some people who work at dealerships so i'm just waiting for a good day to go.

Jive Turkey

when i walked to my car after class i was so livid. i couldn't even explain the thoughts running through my head. all i know is if someone did anything that day to even tick me off i might have exploded.

nope still stock. i'm currently trying to locate a set of wheels. but i'm having a really hard time with that. don't want to say what they are but all i can say is, google translate doesn't work well on japanese sites :lol:

as far as go fast. no..i wish. i'm going for my first oil change saturday. i plan on taking it slow but stage 2 is where i'll call it quits...i hope

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. I hate people who are jealous! I would never think of doing that to someone's ride.

Jive Turkey

the 11' is beyond what i expected. however i can definitely see how the stock tune is pretty much crap. the car does not pull smoothly like the multiple stage 2 sti's i've been in.

first oil change saturday. then i think i'm going to just get a tune to make the car healthy and not lean out on the stock maps.