i guess the 4G/4B motors couldnt save an entire car maker

FL4TTURBO

i dont see the sti market ending just yet, if anything, there'll be at least one more model change before things take a halt

The STI has been dead since 06.
The EVO has been dead since 08.

I'm as big of an Evo guy as there is but this news doesn't shock nor upset me. I'm just happy they killed the car before it got even more GR ish (catering towards the family instead of the driver) like it was already going with the X. Now they can put aside all the hybrid Evo talk and the car can fade into import history gracefully. :tup:

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah I think Mits is gonna regret that and someday you will see the EVO again back in all her glory!

Best quote from Evolutionm

"Wait! You mean I can't buy a 4300lb, completely electronically controlled, bulbous, tahoe sized car that costs $45,000? Oh crap, whatever will I do?!?! /sarcasm"

My thoughts exactly about the new Evo and what the next Evo might have been. I really hope this is true, I do know after the Evo is paid off my next car will be a C6/C7 Z06 as long as Chevy doesn't efff up the Vette like Mitsu did the Evo.

I do fear for the next STI, no competition from Mitsu could equal an STI that is :tard:.

FL4TTURBO

and just when mitsu had a lancer to compete with the wrx too, even tho it should have just had the same 5 speed in it, it would've sold alot more IMO.

Paul.c

"Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles. Maybe then we can enter the market agian,"

What kind of race fan would want to watch that race?

BoxerRumbleSTi

I mean yes Subaru had record sales and what not. But I think what kills this and any performance cars is the fact of gas prices. I always go by the saying "you gotta pay to play" but most people don't have the money to spend on 93+ octane. I mean with 87 octane here in Maryland already at 3.40 a gallon which puts 93 at around 3.60-3.70, most people just can't justify spending the money on it. I personally love to drive and at same time would also buy a beater car and just not drive the STi or Evo as much. I wouldn't just kill it off like that though.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I think losing the EVO hurts everyone! Don't tell no one, but I had a EVO and liked it also. SSSSSHHHHHH!

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It's gonna be weird with out the EVO. I feel like an old friend is dieing. Every time I see an EVO i always inevitably think of STi's and when ever I see and STi I always inevitably think of EVO's. One should not exist without the other.

It's like a mated pair of swans. When one dies the other will soon follow.

It's gonna be weird with out the EVO. I feel like an old friend is dieing. Every time I see an EVO i always inevitably think of STi's and when ever I see and STi I always inevitably think of EVO's. One should not exist without the other.

It's like a mated pair of swans. When one dies the other will soon follow.

+1 Its a sad day!