Another Nub here on IGOTASTI.com

Vermont

Figured I would come out of the closest ;) and register up on here. A lot of you guys on IWSTI.com will know about me from there. Same username and all.

On to the car. I have a 2009 Lightning Red STI, XPT stage 2, AEM CAI, Megan DP, Borla Catback, Tanabe Springs, 5% tint, Debadged, Red rally Armor mud flaps, and a nice little sound system.
I will be installing come mid-April, a Coolingmist Meth kit, Sports Grill w/Painted Badging, Grimmspeed Up-pipe, 38mm Tial EWG w/dump-pipe, along with a Grimmspeed EBC. I will doing all the tuning my self using ECU Flash and Rom-Raider. So do not be surprised to see me asking a lot of questions on that subject.

Thank you all for you time.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Make sure to check out the tuning section and HolyCrapItsFast is your man for tuning. Glad to have you here. If you have any questions please ask.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hey welcome! Enjoy the site!

Check out the Member's Journals and feel free to start your own!

I think you'll enjoy it here. There's allot of good info and it keeps growing :tup:

And thank you for your support!

Paul.c

Welcome, Glad to have you here. Since you know your way around forums you also know that your LR Sti does not exist unless we can see it. Pics please

Vermont

Welcome, Glad to have you here. Since you know your way around forums you also know that your LR Sti does not exist unless we can see it. Pics please
DSCN0127.jpgDSCN0134.jpgDSCN0132.jpgnew wind sheild.jpg38491_1440292581287_1652237512_1038574_5697587_n.jpg

Lol its not a looker. After all its a lowered station wagon....

Will have more pics and videos of stuff once I go get my car in April. Just got back in February and I have not had time to go get my car yet. I had to buy a $900 beater to get me from A to B.

Its a 1985 Celica GT. Runs great, just looks like it should be in the scrap yard.

Paul.c

It may be just a lowered station wagon, but I have a soft spot for the LR. I'm not a fan of any other red car but this one does it for me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I love the red. Looks awesome. Very very nice.

Vermont

Thank you all for the coments.... I am not THAT crazy, but i have been know to do some stupid things... I might get me a member journal but we will see about that. By the end of April I hope to be rocking black and red only on the car. Painting a whole bunch of small items to match. Quick question, has any one here dealt with Plasti Dip? I was thinking of spraying my wheels with some black and rocking that.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Never heard of that. What about black powder coating? That would look bad ass.

Vermont

Never heard of that. What about black powder coating? That would look bad ass.

After doing a bunch of research (read very little). I think I know better than the rest of the motor sports world... :tard:

Main reason for not going and getting them powder coated is that it would require me to put the STI up on blocks in my barracks parking lot. Doing that is just asking for your car to be rolled over onto it's roof and set on fire... Also from what I have seen/read online here is that the cooking process during powder coating can cause weakening of the wheels. Add to the fact that with Plasti Dip you can just peel it off when you feel like it...

Big thing I was wondering about is the resistance the Plasti Dip would have to Brembo Break dust.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I hate the Brembo brake dust. I use Sonax and it eats it right off.

BoxerRumbleSTi

Plasti Dip your interior pieces. Rims are a no go. If anything use High Heat engine paint. Check out the app for Subaru of Month for April (mine) I did High Heat Engine Grabber Green on my rims and previously did them black. Both held up well with no clear coat. Also for your car, get the RED OUT Taillight kit. Come in All red or Red and Clear. Here is a link from our local Subaru shop here in Maryland.

http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/proddetail.php?prod=150313RED

Vermont

Plasti Dip your interior pieces. Rims are a no go. If anything use High Heat engine paint. Check out the app for Subaru of Month for April (mine) I did High Heat Engine Grabber Green on my rims and previously did them black. Both held up well with no clear coat. Also for your car, get the RED OUT Taillight kit. Come in All red or Red and Clear. Here is a link from our local Subaru shop here in Maryland.

http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/proddetail.php?prod=150313RED

The reason I was thinking about the plasti dip was how easy it is to apply and take off. Also the guys over on the cobalt ss forums and GTI forums seem to have good stuff to say about it. How hard/long is it to paint with the high heat engine paint?

To late on the red out kit. I ordered the blue batmobile smoked tail light kit last night. going 6/10 on the rear. Gonna leave the fronts stock though for now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can I eat the egg?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well make sure you post up some pics so we can see how it goes.

BoxerRumbleSTi

The high heat engine paint was easy as well. I mean if My ass can do them with a friend at 12am Midnight, in middle of humid ass july drunk as fuck then you can do it. They turned out WELL. Go to my member journal and check out my photoshoot with the green rims :)