Finally introducing myself :)

05aSpenTi

Hello, fellow WRX/STi owners and fans. My name is Chandler and i live in North Dakota. I just picked up my 2005 Aspen white STi this past July (on my 21st b-day actualy:lol:) Below are a few pics of it after it received its "spring cleaning" earlier this week. Let me know what you guys think and its nice to meet all of you. :)
208701_1819180192281_1023437015_32019242_4200664_n.jpg

205136_1819167911974_1023437015_32019235_2957569_n.jpg

205744_1819167351960_1023437015_32019232_58556_n.jpg

206588_1819166471938_1023437015_32019230_3742123_n.jpg

205699_1819165871923_1023437015_32019229_3852247_n.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. I love the white wheels! Does your STi have any mods done to it? Or what mods do you wanna do to it?

05aSpenTi

Mods the previous owner had done when i bought are:K&N typhoon intake, GFB WRX Hybrid 50/50 BOV, 3 inch downpipe and full catless exhaust (unsure of the brand) Seibon carbon hood/scoop and skunk2 lowering springs.

Little things i've done to it in the few months i've owned it are: White stock BBS wheels, White front emblem and all the debadging, building a custom intake with box which will breath through the foglight bezel you see in the pics, Teal v2 competition lug nuts, toyo observe garrit kx winter/snow tires, password:JDM shift knob drilled and tapped to fit the subie shifter(left over from my first car which was an Acura Integra) Billet dead pedal to match the accel, brake, and clutch pedals. i think that covers it.

What my future plans are at this point: this week sometime i'll be painting the brembos teal w/ white brembo logo decals then i'd like to get aCobb accesport, 18x9.5 RPF1's in the SBC finish with 245/35/18 Toyo T1R's. a few more random carbon bits (alt. cover, radiator cooling panel, exhaust heat sheild) then maybe some chassis bracing, some coilovers and some seat time at the Auto-X.

Last edited:

Paul.c

welcome, Car looks good man, I like the white on white. Teal Brembos should look good too. Post pics when you paint them. maybe even do a write up on it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! Check out the Member's Journals and feel free to start your own.

Car look really good! :tup:

05aSpenTi

Icudruln, I never got to talk to the previous owner ( bought the car from a used car lot) so i'm not sure what, if any, tuning has been done which is why i want an accessport ASAP. The car runs good though. No Lights, no stored codes, no hesitations or stumbles, and no funny smells/mixing fluids. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and kind words guys : )

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Now you need a cool avatar and a garage to show that baby off. :)

icudruln

Icudruln, I never got to talk to the previous owner ( bought the car from a used car lot) so i'm not sure what, if any, tuning has been done which is why i want an accessport ASAP. The car runs good though. No Lights, no stored codes, no hesitations or stumbles, and no funny smells/mixing fluids. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and kind words guys : )

That's good to hear. If you took the car to a local performance shop, they could probably tell if the car was tuned. Nice Subie!

05aSpenTi

Just put an order in for all of my painting supplies and replacement brembo decals. I'll be painting them this coming weekend if the weather cooperates and i think i'll be making it into a "DIY how to" that i'll share on here.

icudruln

Just put an order in for all of my painting supplies and replacement brembo decals. I'll be painting them this coming weekend if the weather cooperates and i think i'll be making it into a "DIY how to" that i'll share on here.

Do it! Your wheels make me want to do mine in white...how hard was it? Feel free to PM me for my details, etc as to not clutter your thread. :)

05aSpenTi

It was quite easy just very tedious to get all the little crevices scuffed and sprayed evenly. Its really not hard though as long as you have the time and patience.

First thing i did was removed the wheels ( obviously hehe) then i cleaned them really good with dishsoap and warm water. I did the inside barrels too so the brake dust was really thick and nasty. The barrels are optional though since most people wont really see them anyway especially when they get covered with dirt and brake dust again. Next i scuffed all the surfaces with a red scotchbrite pad. This is where the patience comes into play. Theres lots of tight areas and you have to do them all on all 4 wheels for the paint to stick. Then i rinsed them off again to removed all the dust from scuffing. Dry them really well or let them sit in the sun until fully dry. If you're going to do the barrels do them first. I laid them face down on a soft throw away towel we had in the garage. Stick note cards in between the wheel lip and tire making sure to overlap them to catch the overspray and keep it off your tires. Now start spraying your paint. do a couple light coats first letting it dry for about 15-20 minutes between coats. Once the wheel is white do one more heavier coat to seal the deal and let is sit for about 20 mins. then do a heavy layer of clear and let it dry until you can touch it. To do the faces lay the wheels on their backs and use the note cards the same way to prevent overspray on the tires. Use painters tape to mask the valve stems and pop out the center caps to keep them clean. Now spray your color the same way. Let 'em dry for a few hours (i let mine sit for roughly 10 hours overnight while i was sleeping) then reinstall. I think that covers it. I used about 2.5 cans of gloss white and about 2/3's a can of clear to do all four barrels and faces

05aSpenTi

I did not know the version 2's were interchangeable between years. thats good to know. Let me know if yours is a V2 07stichic and how much your thinking to sell it for and i'll see if my funds will allow it haha : )

I do have a question though to those of you that have done it. Is it really that much of a pain in the ass to remove the intake manifold on these cars? Do you really have to take the TGV's and Fuel rails etc in one chunk? All the write ups i've seen say it all comes out as one unit. Can't i just pop the mani off separately? Keep in mind i come from the world of Honda's where everything was stupid easy. Thanks!