OT: The Official Zombie Survival Plan Thread!

Undecisive

This is where we discuss (or ramble about) our zombie apocalypse survival plans.

Here is the hypothetical scenario, to which you will need to develop a response:

You have 2 weeks(from the day you post) advance knowledge of the impending Zombie onslaught. How do you plan to survive your impending doom?

Remember; food, weapons, and secure locations are crucial to your survival.

So tell me how you plan to survive the zombie apocalypse as long as you can!

Undecisive

Well let's hear some of these well thought out plans. and gino you don't have to post your sketches. or car packing diagrams. We don't need anyone else jacking your ideas. I'm writing mine up as we speak on a piece of paper. I think that's what I'm going to devote tomorrows work day to

Undecisive

For some funny pics before the zombie plan
P5040030.jpg

HAHAHA

P5040031.jpg

AND NOW ONTO THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN!!!

With 2 weeks of notice of the impending doom known as the zombie apocalypse, here is
my Survival plan (If I was in the states).

I would Head back to my house in Fayetteville, NC. I live with 2 roommates, I would
tell only one of them (the one most proficient with weapons. Gino and Edwin should be
able to figure this out). Once I tell him, we would gather up all of the guns in the
house, (m4, pistols, shotgun, and hunting rifle) and begin our packout in the garage.

We would gather all of our supplies and pack them into the truck(assuming I've bought
my truck already). The supplies would be packed into standard Stanley toughboxes
(because they have wheels). Once we finish our pack out, which should take no more
than a day we will drive over to Gino's, Edwin's and our friend Steve's places to
inform them of the upcoming apocalypse and make sure they begin packing. I tell them
to only bring their significant others (wife, gf, or in Edwin's case... Boytoy)
because we want our food supply to last as long as possible. I hand out a standard
packing list to everyone for the minimum supplies they must bring and briefly explain
the plan to them. (My reasoning for people selected are because everyone is military
or former military and gun enthusiasts. And we need good shots for this mission.)

3 days prior to the Apocalypse, we would meet at a predetermined location from the
brief. Preferably out of a major populated area and enroute to our destination. So we
drive to Steve's House with all of our vehicles packed. Once there we do a run through
of all of the supplies every one has to make sure we aren't missing anything. Once
that is done and verified we will repack our vehicles and begin the journey southeast
to Wilmington, NC. The least populated route would be to travel down NC-87 until it
hits US-74. That runs directly into Wilmington and draws less attention to our packed
vehicles. Once we arrive in Wilmington, we will rent a motel for 2 days. Half of the
group will stay at the motel and keep watch over the vehicles to make sure nothing is
stolen while 3 of us (Gino, Steve, and myself) go into town and fill our 5 gal gas
cans (approx 15-20 of them). Once we have the gas loaded, we will drop it off to the
rest of the group at the motel and go back out to find a quiet marina with a good
selection of boats. Once we find a marina that has a good selection of boats, we will
do some recon and figure out which boat will be able to carry all of our supplies plus
passengers. Preferrably one that is motor driven, but might also have a sail. We make
note of everything during the day, easiest spots to breach on the fences as not to be
seen. We also make note of security guards if there are any. We head back to the motel
to catch a few hours rest before the first stage of the operation.

At approximately 2AM we head back to the marina via 1 vehicle( Steve, Gino, and myself
again). We use a set of bolt cutters to open the fence to gain entry to the marina. We
leave Gino with the boltcutters while Steve and I head to our boat of choice that we
previously scouted in the daylight, while Gino provides Cover for us from a concealed
location. Once we get on the boat we have to hotwire it (Boats have no steering locks
btw, which make them easy to steal). There are 2 ways to hotwire a boat, You can use a long screwdriver to jump the boat like you would a car by going from the starter to
the alternator? Or you can pull the "dash" off and find your 12VDC powersource and
then bundle up all the other wires and touch them together to start the boat. Once the
boat is started it's all yours. We give the signal to Gino over the 2 way radio to
call the rest of the group and have them bring the vehicles to the marina. Edwin leads
the rest of the group to the marina gate as Gino cuts the lock with the boltcutters
and leads them to where the boat is docked. We spend the next 30 Mins offloading the
supplies from the vehicles and loading them onto the boat. We load the gas cans last
so that they are easily accessible during the voyage.

P5040032.jpg

As soon as the boat is loaded and everyone is on board, I'll untie the boat from the
dock and jump on. We'll sail out of the marina and into the Atlantic Ocean heading for
"Gilligan's Island" as I dub it. It's an Island in Bermuda that should be scarcely
populated (Beaches and Jungles). After a few days traveling at sea, the zombie
apocalypse should have begun. Once we make it to the island and we dock the boat.
Everyone gets off and takes their m4's and pistols, except for two people who guard
the boat and the supplies. The rest of us will patrol the island to make sure there
are no other inhabitants. Once we are satisfied with our search, we unload the
contents of the boat onto the beach. Myself and Gino would then drive the boat into
one of the many coves and dock it so it can stay out of sight and warn people that we
are here (primarily raiders looking for a place that people have already settled so
they can jack them for their shit!). We then carry our Supplies into the jungle a good
ways and decide where we want to make camp. When it's all figured out and all of the
supplies are moved to that location, we break out all of our tools and begin working.

Since the trees are relatively available and big palm like leaves are as well these
are what we will use to build our huts when it comes time. The first thing that must
be built are the platforms for our "treetop village". These are built by taking trees
(bamboo like) and lashing them together with 550 parachute cord(like you would a
raft). We would leave one side unlashed so we can fit it around the tree, and then re
lash it. We would use a hoisting system to raise the platforms above the ground
(about 20-30 feet) and then secure them in place. Once that first platform is built,
we would then move all of the supplies up there using the hoisting system. While
construction is ongoing, we will be sleeping out of our 4 person tents (2 per tent)
secured to the platform. The spare tents would be used to store the gear in for the
meantime. We continue building and securing the platforms to the trees. While building
the rest of the platforms we have 2 people working on rope suspension briges(made from
rope 500-1000lb tensile strength and pieces of wood) to go between the platforms (I
included a terrible pic of what i mean). Once all of the platforms and bridges are
finished, we begin to build the 2 outposts(which are crucial to base security) which
consist of a smaller platform being raised an additional 20 feet above the top of the
buildings. (approx 8-9 feet tall). We build 2 ladders to go from the lower platform
to the Outposts. When those are completed we build the actual outpost buildings.
Nothing special just a small hut with some windows to look from. This building is made
from trees and palm like leaves as described before (think gilligans island type
huts). Next up on the list to do is to build huts on each of the platforms, these are
going to be the houses we live in, along with an Armory, Kitchen, and an Operations
Center (OPCEN).

P5040033.jpg

In every house every person will have two basic loads of each type of ammo they
require. (1 basic load = 210 m4 rds, 50 pistol, 32 shotgun, and 40 hunting rifle) The
remaining ammo will be stored in the Armory. Once the village is complete and everyone
is settled in, (unpacked their supplies and set up their huts) our daily activites
will be to do a sweep of the island in the mornings, gathering food from the jungle
and the rest of the island, Gardening, hunting, trapping, fishing, exploring, and
hanging out at the beach. There are plenty of recreational items we brought with us
for this purpose.

For base security, One person will have to be in one of the outposts to make sure no
one approaches the camp. When the group leaves they will take a 2 way radio, and the
outpost guard will have the other one. All rope ladders will be raised after the group
has climbed down them to prevent unauthorized access to the camp. Upon return to the
camp, the group would radio ahead to the guard that they are approaching and he would
meet them at the designated platform and lower the ladder.

Boobytraps and early warning devices will be set up around the camp as well. Trip wire attached to homemade warning devices such as cans rattling, and bobbytraps like homemade "mines". Basically a 12 gauge shotgun shell rigged to a piece of wood with a nail under it's primer. When pressure is applied it should ignite the primer and cause the shell to go off shooting something through the foot. There will be a few spots on the platforms around the camp that will be fighting positions made from sandbags in case there are armed raiders trying to jack us for our shit!

That's basically it. Just live it up and keep an eye on the lookout for anything
unusual, zombies, raiders etc.

Here is a list of the supplies:

------Guns------
M4s - with either ACOGS or ELCANS or EOTECHS
Shotguns - 12 gauge only
Rifles - bolt action or semi-auto in .22 LR .300 winmag or .308 with a hunting scope
Pistols - Any pistols work as long as they are either 9mm .357 or .45

------AMMO------
5.56mm
.22 LR
.308 Hunting
12 gauge buck shot
12 gauge bird shot
12 gauge slugs
.45 Hollow points and Ball
.357 Hollow points and Ball
9mm Hollow points and Ball

Speed loaders for the 5.56
Gun cleaning kits and gun oil

------GEAR------
Building tools - Hammers, nails, saws, extra blades, Axe, Shovel, Pickaxe
Fishing Gear - Couple of poles, lures, fishing line, Hooks, bobbers
Bow with arrows
Gardening tools - trowel, little shovel, rake
5 Gal Gas cans (2 @ camp, the rest stored with the boat)
550 Parachute Cord (if you get someone who can braid this, you can turn 500ft of this
stuff into about 36 inches if not less)
4 person Tents (every member of the group should have one)
7/16" Rope (approx tensile strength 2600lbs)
Navigation tools - Compass, Maps, GPS, Extra batteries for the GPS
Rock climbing tools - Rock climbing rope and caribeeners and locking hookups
Writing tools - Pens, Pencils, Paper
Knives (2 per person, straight blade)
Machetes
Hatchets
Sleeping bag (1 per person)
Some clothes and sandals (or crocs) and some shoes
First Aid kits (Army MEDIC kit which is a big ass MOLLE pack, and and IFAK for every)
2 way radios with extra batteries
Headlamps with extra batteries
Binoculars (2 sets)
Mirror
Scissors and Gerber multitools (or whatever company)
Rope Ladders (about 2 per person)
Knife Sharpeners (3 total or 1 per person)
Chemlights
Mosquito Nets
Pool Screen (to screen in our huts)
Zipties
Duct tape
candles (also candle wax and string to make our own)
trash bags
Floral Arrangement Wire (also known as trip wire you can buy from walmart)
Recreational Gear - Footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, mitts, bats, and 2 surfboards
Firesteel (for starting fires)
Magnesium and steel (also for starting fires)
12" PVC pipe with screw caps(Dry storage Cut long enough to store m4 and a basic load)
Wet wipes
Toothbrushes and toothpaste
Sunblock
Ponchos (1 per person)
Tarps (can be used to make a water catch system)
Folding Camping Chairs (2 per person)
Playing Cards

-------FOOD------

Pots and pans
Cooking Utensils
Thermometer
Pot Holders
Plates (metal or plastic preferrably)
Bowls (metal or plastic preferrably)
Silverware
Ziploc Bags (for dry good storage)
Water Purification Tablets
Iodine Tablets (water Purification here too)
Bleach (water purification also)
Soap
Vitamins
Caffeine Pills (Like Stacker 2 and 3, to give energy when down)
Heirloom seeds (Non Hybrids) for
tomatoes,spinach,potatoes,onions,peas,carrots,squash,eggplant,corn,peppers,beans,radishes

MILSPEC MRE'S (20+ boxes)
Ramen Noodles ( ALOT! becuase I love it)
Canned Foods (Fruits, Veggies, Soups, Chef Boyardee etc etc)
20lb bag of rice (10 of these)
5 lb bags (20 of these)
water (a few cases for the trip)
Macaroni and other pasta (Big bags of these as well)
Alcohol (Only Vodka and it will be used for Medical purposes to clean wounds)
Couple cases of beer (Bud light and Guinness for the construction phase)
Spam
Twinkies
Flour
Sugar
Baking soda
Powdered Milk
Gatorade Powder (you need your electrolytes)
Cooking Oil
Cheese powder (Chedder and White chedder to mix with the macaroni)
Spices (Salt,pepper,oregano,thyme,basil,rosemary,marjoram)
Wheat
Barley
Powdered Eggs
Oats
Coffee (dry and ground)
Snickers Marathon Bars
Protein Bars
Erats 400 calorie bars (emergency rations)
Cook in the pouch survival food ( survivaloutpost.com )

------BOOKS------

MEDICAL - Where there is no doctor or dentist
FISHING - Fishing for dummies
SAILING - Sailing for dummies
NAVIGATING (MARINE) - Boat navigation for the rest of us: Finding your way by eye and
electronics, The book of navigation: traditional navigation techniques for boating
GARDENING - Gardening for dummies,Living off the land: A handbook for survival, The
illustrated encyclopedia of herbs and their medicinal and culinary uses, Gardening all
in one for dummies, Gardening basics for dummies, Herb gardening for dummies,
composting for dummies
RELIGION - Bible
DIY LIVING - Back to basics: How to learn and enjoy traditional american skills
TRAPPING - Land sets and Trapping techniques
SHOOTING - Green eyes and black rifles: warriors guide to the combat carbine, and Stay
in the fight!!! Warrior guide to the combat pistol (Both by retired CAG SGM Kyle Lamb
one of the worlds top shooters)
COUNTRY LIFESTYLE - Living the country lifestyle for dummies
WILDERNESS SURVIVAL - Wilderness survival for dummies

And then you have your standard fiction and non fiction books for your amusement. The
books listed above are for current and future generations to learn new things to help
them survive and prosper off the land.

Yes I spent all day at work writing this plan up. Pretty good day if you ask me!
Oh and I know I suck at drawing. :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Game over here also. Reks wins!

Here's the issue... Most people will flee the city creating a massive over crowding of the highways. I'd build up a larger reserve of ammo and food over the 2 week period. Then I'm staying put in the suburbs as long as I can. That is where the food and supplies will be. Plenty of rats, dogs, and corpses to eat. I'll surface 2 weeks after the attack to pick supplies off of the crashed vehicles on the highways.

After the cities are largly cleared out I'll start hording supplies. I will then venture out to the camps of survivors and sell/ exchange these supplies for men, gold, silver and other things I need. I will repeat thismultiple times until I am the wealthiest person in the post apocalypse world.

Rek & Fuj.... why not just take reffuge at THE FUCKING ARMY BASE. Who else would be better supplied to cope with a disaster. :D

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can't shoot a gun for shit but you will eventually need the services of an well seasoned electromechanical engineer. I would like to volunteer for the job!!!

I can't shoot a gun for shit but you will eventually need the services of an well seasoned electromechanical engineer. I would like to volunteer for the job!!!

Oh... And a chef!

EMP will kill all the electronics and rat meat will always taste like shit. Sorry George you will be one of the first we eat to survive.

:lol: JK

What's really important is making sure the bankers live. :D

:rofl:

Oh... And a chef!

The Army base would be good, lots of weapons, build up areas that are easily defendable but everyone in this area would go there.

Im heading for the hills, set up a small easily movable patrol base. Im taking what I can carry. My ruck with some cloths, survival gear, sleeping bag and extra ammo. Move along rivers and streams for access to water and wildlife to kill and eat, plus the trees that produce things to eat. Now, eventually we would have to do raids for ammo and other such things. I would take a 3-4 man team, move at night under NOD's. Nothing but knife kills and hand weapons. move in with empty rucks, grab only what we plan on getting and move out. Stay no longer than 2-3 minutes. The key is to outlast the infection. Hopefully the zombies eventually rot to nothing. It may take 20 years, but a person can live off the land if they kno wwhat their doing.

I plan on purchasing many groups of hunter gatherers much like yours with my wealth. :lol:

Undecisive

the problem with staying near the suburbs / city badsti, is the abundance of the zombies. You're more at risk being that there are a ton of people in the relative area. And a house won't hold up to a horde of zombies. As for every1 fleeing in panic and stuff, the scenario is that ONLY YOU have the knowledge of the apocalypse, no one else will know until it happens or unless you decide to tell other people. That is why my plan works because there will be no mass chaos, riots and such. It is written for the scenario given.

Gino, That's an alright idea, Just remember there are zombies in the woods too. Just remember that when society collapses you need to watch out for other survivors while going in for supplies because they are just as dangerous if not more than the zombies. They'll kill you over your m4 nothing else. So if going in to scavenge food is your plan, add stealth to that plan.

the problem with staying near the suburbs / city badsti, is the abundance of the zombies. You're more at risk being that there are a ton of people in the relative area. And a house won't hold up to a horde of zombies. As for every1 fleeing in panic and stuff, the scenario is that ONLY YOU have the knowledge of the apocalypse, no one else will know until it happens or unless you decide to tell other people. That is why my plan works because there will be no mass chaos, riots and such. It is written for the scenario given.

Gino, That's an alright idea, Just remember there are zombies in the woods too. Just remember that when society collapses you need to watch out for other survivors while going in for supplies because they are just as dangerous if not more than the zombies. They'll kill you over your m4 nothing else. So if going in to scavenge food is your plan, add stealth to that plan.

OH!!!!! Only I get a 2 weak head start! Awesome. In that case I'd sell everything I had, max out all my credit, have a group of 10 or so do the same and get the biggest sea worthy boat I could find, stock it full of food, have a water filtration system, plenty of fishing gear, and of course weapons.

Is simply stay at sea for a year or so. :D I could literally anchor 3 miles out and be safe. :D

But there would be hundreds of thousands of zombies in the city. The farther from civilization the better and less likely to see zombie hordes. the boat idea is good but what about when resupply is necessary? You would have to dock somewhere. You cant be too stealthy like that unless your using a small inflatable boat with 2 or 3 guys.

Jon: Stealth, superior training and superior firepower is how you take care of looting survivors.

I can fit a years supply of food on the boat. I can also fish/ shoot seagulls and sharks. Go to a small island and hunt.

The boat idea is full of win.

Undecisive

of course it's full of win, that's why it was my zombie plan. the only downfall to yours that you haven't taken into account are bad storms, choppy seas, and hurricanes.

Undecisive

so instead of reading my zombie plan that I slaved over instead of doing work in the warzone... you looked at the pics and laughed as fuji got kicked off a roof by reks

Undecisive

so do you know how to even turn a helicopter on and get the rotors spinning, let alone fly one? Because it's not as simple as getting in turning a key and taking off.