The world is ending is two hours I'm not paying my cell phone bill till tommorow

Rice Rocket

Didn't we go through this 12 years ago with Y2K? The thing that amazes me isn't that there are end o the world predictions. Hell you can "predict" that Justin Bieber is going to grow up to be a well adjusted young man. Doesn't make it likely. The thing that amazes me is that there are people who believe these crackpots.
Likelihood. There's the word.
It might be likely that somewhere in the ancient Mayan civilization they made calendars and figured three thousand some odd years was enough.
Or maybe there was only one guy who was assigned to make calendars and he died of massive boredom while he was preparing to draw the day december 13 2012.
And nobody knew enough about his trade to pick up where he left off. Maybe he wasnt even that good a calendar maker.
We could be looking at the Mayan version of a Farside desk calendar.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Didn't we go through this 12 years ago with Y2K? The thing that amazes me isn't that there are end o the world predictions. Hell you can "predict" that Justin Bieber is going to grow up to be a well adjusted young man. Doesn't make it likely.
Likelihood. There's the word.
It might be likely that somewhere in the ancient Mayan civilization they made calendars and figured three thousand some odd years was enough.
Or maybe there was only one guy who was assigned to make calendars and he died of massive boredom while he was preparing to draw the day december 13 2012.
And nobody knew enough about his trade to pick up where he left off. Maybe he wasnt even that good a calendar maker.
We could be looking at the Mayan version of a Farside desk calendar.

LOL... Jokes on us aye? This is the whole "Boy Cries Wolf" scenario. People have been making these predictions for years and it's never come to fruition.