Hello im Dave and have a 2011 sti

1slo2k11sti

Hi hows it going everyone?!?!

As I put in the headline, my name is Dave :)

I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa.

I am the proud owner of my 2nd sti which is a white 2011 sti sedan

My new sti is now in the building stages as a project car for Moore Performance, J&S Dyno and TPG Tuning.

I will be starting a build thread tomorrow on what has been done to the car, as well as posting exclusive info that I will only be sharing with the igotasti.com community :)

I actually was fortunate enough to meet Mr JJ Michael Smith at a dyno event today at J&S Dyno for a fundraiser benefiting those who suffer from Huntington's Disease and was pumped to meet, talk about everything going on with the site and of course, checking out some awesome cars that came through to make some power on the dyno!

I will now be very active here on the forums and look forward to talking to everyone at some point on here or through car meets, etc...

I have bee dealing with subarus for a good amount of time and have picked up a lot knowledge over the years that I will be more than happy to pass on to anyone who may be having problems, choosing the best parts for the power you would like to make, any issue with fitment of parts, tuning questions, and anything else that you can think of!

Feel free to post any questions, say hello, PM me or you can add me on Facebook by looking me up at Dave Klocek.

Have a nice one everyone! I can't wait to show everyone the crazy build that is coming soon for my car and do anything I can to help those with questions, make their subies running safely, make great power, setting up suspension and making it look amazing!

Undecisive

Welcome to the forums Dave! so do you have any ECM tuning experience? If so you could be a great addition to the Ask a tuner, and the Engine management forum.

1slo2k11sti

Unfortunately Im not a tuner, just a lucky guy who is good friends with one of the best tuners you could ask for, Nate from TPG Tuning, who should be joining the site asap, if he isn't already a member and I just don't know yet lol. I know a good amount of stuff but I know how JJ wants the forums to run (no people acting like their tuners when they are really not) so I just want to be up front and state that I'm not a tuner haha I will try to help whenever I can though. Thank you btw for the welcome!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team Dave. You got a sick build going on. Glad to have you on the team. :)

1slo2k11sti

Oh for sure ill be posting photos tonight one I get on my computer instead of my cell phone lol
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
I'm with the Moore performance, TPG tuning, and js dyno squad including JJ for Autocross day and I think JJ found his new love lol

Good times! :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dave nice shirt today, LOL. Thanks for the support and I can't wait to see all the pics and I'm working on my best autocross run video now.

Last edited:

1slo2k11sti

No prob man!
I'm totally down for supporting anyone that is doing something for the right reason, which you certainly fall under that category :)

You looked like you were having a blast at autcross and really happy you joined the group for the weekend!
I'm gonna talk to Jason and nate today to see what time we are gonna tune my car if you would like to join and put the '04 up there and see what nate can get out of it just to compare tunes

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ok not a problem. Let me know. I'm so swamped lol with orders and emails. If not this Tuesday maybe Saturday, but let me know a time and we can go from there. I'm excited to see what your 11 STi does. I'm pumped for you.

1slo2k11sti

I just talk to Jason and nate. We are tuning my car at 11am tomorrow :)
Let me know if you wanna stop down. I might not be back on here tonight so just leave me a message on fb. Or you can get my number that's in my info

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sat after 3 would work for me. I got my son tomorrow and a ton of stuff to ship out. Are they open Saturday?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Cool, no big deal. I know they are busy. Did you check out the garage? Mike put his Forester in there. Check his pics out.

Paul.c

Very intrigued by your build. Looking forward to hearing more about it. I have seen quite a few guys with so called "Builds" that have done nothing but cosmetics. Let's see what you got. :Challenge extended:

1slo2k11sti

Very intrigued by your build. Looking forward to hearing more about it. I have seen quite a few guys with so called "Builds" that have done nothing but cosmetics. Let's see what you got. :Challenge extended:

Thanks for the interest in what I'm doing with my car!

Trust me, the last thing that I am worried about are cosmetic parts lol

I have a shortblock being made right now that should be arriving next week :)

Its will be using Pauter forged rods, CP coated pistons, acl bearings, and arp studs

Turbo kit is a twin scroll setup using a 60lb/min turbo that should make 500 all day long!

These next few weeks should be very interesting...

Last edited: