Factory Five racing 818 kit car.

Paul.c

WRX based Factory Five racing 818 kit car.

http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/update/nextcar/818winners.html

Personally I like the 9th picture(Jeremy Luchini) the most. I am seriously debating selling my STi when it is paid off so I can purchase one of these kits. RWD, 1800lbs, strong trans and tried and true engines. Plus a 95" wheel base. This would be a racing fool, which is ultimately what I want to have, a dedicated track car. I can drive a honda civic to and from work gladly, knowing that when I get home I can rip up the streets in my corn fed 400 whp 1800lb beast.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sweet baby rays! I want one and only $15,000? WOW! :tup: baby.

Paul.c

15,000 if you don't buy anything new and do all of the labor yourself. Which I would never be able to do.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'll get Holy, Fuji and Reks to build it for me.

bugeye_fever

I think this is going to be an awesome project! I hope they get the handling right 'cause it'll be no problem adding power. Think of the options for fabrication when you don't have to shoehorn it under a subie hood! Personally I'd rather have it in an open "Aerial Atom" style for maximum track badassery. But i'm not complaining, lol.

Paul.c

I like the idea of an open top but would prefer the closed top in case of rain. Maybe a convertible hard top? Auto-x doesn't get rained out.

frankensubie

I am looking into the factory five school...i have helped build one of their cobra kits...super good quality...wonder if my boss would be interested in being an authorized builder ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Steve if you built it I would buy one. :tup:

Paul.c

I want it for the joy and experience of building it my self. Paying someone else to build it just seems foreign to me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Paul if I tried to build it I would never get it done to drive it. I have a idea. How about you and Jared build it for me.

Paul.c

So I have been reading more about this thing all night. I really do love the idea of it. I hate to rape and pillage a good wrx though. But I think I am going to try and do this when my car is paid off. Just hopefully there will still be some WRXs left when the time comes.

bugeye_fever

Yeah, I keep thinking when the time comes this is what will happen to my WRX, then I look at her sitting in the driveway and slap myself for being stupid. Might be better to go through part out threads for everything.