gd to gr brake conversion?

sysco

i want to keep the oem status i know its cheesy gr brakes are 6 pot arnt they? i would like to get the two piece vented rear rotors too

Paul.c

i want to keep the oem status i know its cheesy gr brakes are 6 pot arnt they? i would like to get the two piece vented rear rotors too

The front caliper for the STI is a four-piston, two-piece aluminum design with differentially sized pistons (46 mm and 40 mm) to equalize piston pressures and minimize uneven pad wear. The rear caliper is a two-piston, two-piece aluminum version with slightly larger pistons (40 mm) than the 2004-2007 editions.

Both the front and rear cast iron rotors utilize Brembo-patented pillar-vented technology to improve cooling and crack resistance of the braking surface. The front discs are 12.8 inches x 1.18 inches (326 mm x 30 mm) while the rears are 12.4 inches x 0.8 inches (316 mm x 20 mm). Disc size and shape have been optimized to assure the best behavior under high thermal loads, both for mechanical resistance and for deformation during braking. Front and rear discs are made with a high-carbon cast iron to obtain excellent performances and, at the same time, improve noise/vibration/harshness (NVH) behavior

blueprint_pg17_top1.jpg

bugeye_fever

Thats kinda what I was thinking, that it may not be much of an upgrade in terms of performance for the money. Out of curiosity, have you every checked the paint marks on your DBA rotors? I have 4000's in the front and couldn't even get them up to proper temp on the track. I run HP+ pads as well.