Help Please

sheldon2005sti

Hello,
I have an 05 wrx STi. just a few mods... but i did just get my new horns (HELLA) in this week an would like to instal them myself.
so does any one know if i can just plug an play or would i need to follow the wireing guide? i understand these are a universal part so i may need to do some wireing. any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Sheldon

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Use the relay and its very easy to wire up.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
As JJ suggests you should use a relay. The Hella's are pretty high current

3496770441_fceba7165b_o.jpg

sheldon2005sti

does any one have a better picture showing how they set thers up in a 04-05 wrx sti? i have the above mentioned diagram that came with the horns. im looking more for a step by step and or something showing me the wireing done in a car like mine. TY

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have them. Did you get the wiring harness with it?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ok did you get the mount to hold the horns? Also do you have any kind of wire to make a harness?

sheldon2005sti

they came with the mounting brackets. one on each of the horns. i also stopped at a local auto parts store an purchaced all the wireing and connectors i would need.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Do you understand the wiring diagram? Super simple. Your first step is to cut the wire lengths and start making your runs. Test mount the horns and leave extra wire. You can cut that later. I won't have pics cause mine is all in wire loom. If you need a more specific question just ask and I will be glad to help you. You can even call me later if you like.

sheldon2005sti

JJ,
I want to thank you for helping me with this!!!!!! i also want to thank you for opening my eyes to how a forum is supposed to look an work!!!!!!
I plan with this to be an active member. I look forward to makeing more improvements to my sick whip!
thanks again!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No problem pal we are here for you. If you like what we do please become a "Sponsor" of the site so we can keep on doing what we do. It's cheap and you get lots of goodies and support a great community.

sheldon2005sti

JJ,
I cant thank you enuf for helping me with this. You spoke of a mounting bracket. would this be something i would need to mount them in the grill like yours? or can i just mount them on the old mount and what looks like a crash censor. the old horns have an offset mount not even in the grill. i realy have poor internet at my home an my questions earlier where done from work. (love my job) i realy do apreciate all the help i can get. unfortunatly the weather here hasnt been to good an i dont have a garage. im shooting to work on it this sunday sometime after 4pm. (not sure if you'll be avail for questions)( you said something about being able to call you?)(I think your going above an beyond!!!!!) if the weather is clear. im thinking 2 hours max. what do you think?
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
I wish i would have found your forum 3 years ago. spent 2500 buck to find out my injectors wher bad... dont like to bash subie but the service centers in NH are clueless:/

sheldon2005sti

Guess i should be going to this site for my subie stuff!!! would have saved 20 bucks an would have known about the bracket and harness... jscspeed doesnt have as much of a description...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Guess i should be going to this site for my subie stuff!!! would have saved 20 bucks an would have known about the bracket and harness... jscspeed doesnt have as much of a description...

We have the best people in here. They are from other forums that don't help people or know what they are doing, and got fed up and now reside here. The knowledge in this forum is unreal. Just ask.

Z1107

Hey sheldon I jumped from forum to forum trying to find knowledgable people so when I asked a question I didn't blow my motor. This is the spot. I met Fuji in NC who turned me onto this site w/o even knowing me he helped me out with a new uppipe, that's the kind of people on here, and they are freaking rocket scientists with these cars and they care about the community, no cliques, no bashing, straight info and good times.