whats crappenin?!

04JBPSTi

Name is Justin. Drive an 04 JBP STi. Currently over in this awful country of Afghanistan.. Smells like sh** all year round. Should be coming home in a couple months. Im Stationed at Ft. Carson so I live in Colorado Springs. Hopefully I can make it back in time to participate in some ice racing. I do rallycross as of right now and once the car is prepared I will be racing Rally America.... hopefully :D Anything else you wanna know feel free to shoot me a PM!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Glad you could join us.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and thank you for your service to our country!!!

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

spyder8213

Hello and welcome! I just PCSed from Fort Carson to Germany. Miss the area but Europe is making up for it! Get home soon and safe and keep us posted on your build/racing.

04JBPSTi

Spyder, I have you on facebook man, how is Germany treatin ya? Missin the subaru yet? Name is Justin Kohler.. lol sounds exactly like yours!

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i will def. be keeping updates with the rally build once I get home!

Undecisive

Name is Justin. Drive an 04 JBP STi. Currently over in this awful country of Afghanistan.. Smells like sh** all year round. Should be coming home in a couple months. Im Stationed at Ft. Carson so I live in Colorado Springs. Hopefully I can make it back in time to participate in some ice racing. I do rallycross as of right now and once the car is prepared I will be racing Rally America.... hopefully :D Anything else you wanna know feel free to shoot me a PM!

Welcome to the forum, and RA will not let you drive your STI as a rookie. I tried when I was going for my rally license. You can drive the sti, but it cannot be turbo'd so you must do a 2.5 NA swap. I spoke with the licensing person about this. I was pretty livid since that's the car I had been practicing with for 2 years on end. So just a heads up for that, but if you can get a 2WD turbo, that's game for a rookie.

Vermont

What is the reasoning behind the no turbo'ed awd platforms? You would think that if they allowed turbo'ed 2wd then awd wouldn't be an issue.

04JBPSTi

Thanks for all the love people! and I am also an 11b.. best job in the Army!

I have heard the rules against AWD turbos running rookie in RA, but I have also heard that you need somewhere around 18 official points to be able to race AWD turbo. Which means you would have to start at a lower level but the experience would be worth it as well.

Undecisive

Yeah you need to complete atleast 6 full events with RA before you are eligible to run a turbo AWD car. Which means, you need to get another car and prep it and learn to drive it and then race it. before moving to the subaru. I think it's ridiculous, You're better off racing NASA's rally series which does the same events as RA and they allow rookies to run turbo AWD cars. Then once you do the full 6 events with NASA you can transfer over to RA. That is the easiest way I see of doing it if you don't want to prep a second car for the novice period of your rallying.

04JBPSTi

BUBBBAAAA!!! Yea man, i had to.. It's getting pretty boring out here lol. Good news is ill be home next month :).. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SNOW! I'm gonna need alot of help with the car when I get home, all my time will be put into the car seeing as how there will be no more time for the "future ex wife" :) message me on FB ill tell ya what happened.

07STICHIC - The only plans are.... Stage rally. I actually brought up that photoshoot idea to you on FB :)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Undecisive

bubba, atleast on the east coast they run the same rallies. Not sure how they go on the midwest and west. But both nasa and ra run black forest here, rally west VA, and rally FL. or atleast they did when I was looking at doing it.

04JBPSTi

Car is being taken to the shop this week to begin the cage build :) Ill be sure to post pics/possibly a thread of the build, should be interesting!!