New guy from dub vee

burks569

Hello there, names Adam, finally remembered to join up here. I live Subaru, quite literally seeing as how my job is selling them haha. I've owned 4 subarus now, an 89 GL hatch, a leggy GT, an SVX (I miss this car) and now, my current RS-T. Didn't wanna pay insurance for an STi at $350 a month so I bought an RS that a guy had made look like an STi (plus a paintjob that I'm not necessarily in love with). But it was as solid of a car as I could find, all services done religiously and not one mechanical issue to speak of. After that I took it upon myself to make the car have a bite to match its bark. So here's a pic and a condensed mod list. Look forward to being active here!

26760711.jpg
26224111.jpg

Custom turbo build:
Probably the only rotated TD04 youll ever see
wrx topmount
Vortec 12:1 FMU
Splitsecond VC2 voltage clamp
Custom Cobb intake w/K&N filter
3" Bellmouth downpipe
custom fabbed uppipe
Magnaflow performance series catback
06 STi struts w/Megan springs
06 WRX 4pot/2pot brakes w/hawk pads and slotted rotors
All the lovely bushings
Kartboy short shifter
Momo wheel and Carbon shift knob
05 WRX seats
JL/Rockford sound system
cleared headlights
06 tails

Soon to come:Built 257 block (just need the pistons, everything else is ready to go) Port and polished SOHC heads, kelford cams, GT35 or equivalent turbo, PPG gears and all the other good stuff that makes all of that work properly.

As she sits now I have beaten bone stock STis on more than one occasion. As she'll be when the full build is done in March? My guess is a torque monster with an impressive set of numbers.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Glad you could join us. :)

You need to park your WRX in the garage for sure. Awesome paint job. :tup:

burks569

Oh my god, a subaru forum where the first post about my car wasn't "riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeee" or "way to ruin a sube" Don't get me wrong I'm not in love with the paint and would never pay for it myself but I still think it looks good lol

Appreciate the warm welcome

jswansti

Welcome!! Nice mod list. That paint jobs...well, interesting, but its actually nicer than the first pic lead me to believe! Sweet ride!

Vermont

I agree with you on the paint job. Although to be honest I did smile a little when I saw it..... It is rather awesome..... :tard:

None the less welcome aboard man. Will be nice to see a EJ257 in that beast soon.... :tup:

burks569

If you ever wanna do the entire wiring harness and ECU, let me know. I have a virgin 04 STi ECU and wiring Harness.

That would be awesome actually, JS dyno is only an hour away from me, and I think id rather go that route with an accessport than do a standalone like I'll need to. Although I do believe I'll have to switch the the STi's DOHC heads for that and in a way I want to stick with the SOHC. I'm just going to have to do some more research, either route is going to be expensive so big whoop on which would be cheaper haha.

STimedic

Vinyl it! Cheaper than paint......

Welcome to the forum! Gino (rek) is quite reputable.....about half the exterior parts on my car came from him.

Last edited: