WI New Guy

snoxracer183

Hey everyone. My name is Eric, I'm from central WI. I got referred here by JJ on Facebook. So far I am enjoying the site. My car is my DD, Time Attack car, AutoX car, HPDE car, and ice rally car. This is my 3rd Subaru

Hope you don't mind that I just have a 2011 WRX :shock:
Purchased just a few months ago (4k miles on it now)
The car is all stock except for RallyArmor mudflaps.
eBay V-Limted replica front lip should be delivered on Friday (in hopes of trying to keep my bumper for cracking this winter!)
Going to fab up my own replica of a RallyInnovations light bar/snowbank smasher soon for ice racing as well.
I buy my cars to use them and drive them as intended (and sometimes past I think :D)

Everyones favorite...pictures

6145464867_58f1933bc9_o.jpg

6145909250_7de1e0893e_o.jpg

6183470301_943d0b360e_b.jpg

6183868040_044c72898f_b.jpg

6145360925_8a53c5ecb8_o.jpg

and the infamous 2011 WRX cracked front bumper!
crack.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Glad you could finally join us. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy!!!

Check the Member's Journals and feel free to Start your own! :tup:

snoxracer183

Welcome to the forum!

That crack is painful. Is it common?

You need some sway bars ASAP. :D

Seems to be a common problem on only the 2011 WRX (new bumper style) Haven't seen any STI owners chime in. Sad thing is I just barely touched a cone autox'ing. My 2006 I've plowed through lines of cones over driving, bashed snow banks and never once did any damage. The new bumper has a weak point. Full thread on NASIOC with pictures upon pictures of cracked 2011 WRX bumpers in the EXACT same spot. Hoping that bolting a small front lip on with lots of fasteners will keep the bumper from flexing as much and cracking.

Sway bars will come. Only owned the car for a few months and I like to really get a feel for a car at the limits before I figure out what I need to spend money on. Ice racing/ice rallyx is coming and the softer the suspension the better, so it will stay stock for a few months until the snow melts.

And because it's an awesome picture...my previous Subaru surfing the snow wave!
IMG_1911.jpg

Last edited: