Wild Child WRX representing Casper WY bringing several years experience to the forum!

Anakin_WRX

Aloha ladies, gents and fellow power hungry Subaru crowd!

Im the proud owner of a very highly modified and very powerful 02 WRX hailing at the moment from Casper Wyoming. Ive been building this project since late 2006 and since have aquired a solid knowledge and experience base with all things Subaru and the process of building them. I also bring a few awards and a bit of recognition to the forum. My car was given an Honorable mention in the October 2009 issue of modified magazines readers rides issue and I am also a former mountain west forum moderator for www.dirtyimpreza.com. My car, as hopefully all you Subie heads here will get to know is tentatively known as "Anakin". The car has been through multiple engine swaps, drivetrain upgrades and currently sits at a comfortable 399.3 AWHP and 406 ft lbs of torque according to the dyno and some expert tuning done by Nick Mcmahon of MAC Autosport in Park City Colorado. As for me my name Is Donovan Herrera (just call me Donnie) and I, like all of you here have a passion for motorsports with my obvious weapon of choice being a high output Subaru ;) I have been active in SCCA autoX in Colorado and have been on the 1/4 mile dragstrip in Douglas WY (havent made it to Bandimere yet). I hope Ill be able to offer up any advice, answer questions and be as helpful as I can here. Greetings and happy holidays from our team!

Donnie and Anakin

Anakin_WRX

pps.

youll notice at the time the car went into the magazine, it had a full carbon fiber front end IE; hood, grille, fenders....since then I actually put the car back to a more clean mostly factory look altho I did put the one piece JDM STi grille on it along with the good ol' foglights. Also changed the wheels since the from bronze black racing N1's to some 04 STi BBS goldies :D also as for an abbreviated spec sheet the car started life as a typical 2.0 mostly stock, it currently holds an STi EJ257 hybrid build, fuel system is DW 850cc injectors, APS rails, braided lines, Aeromotive regulator and walbro 255lph pump, current turbo is an AMR CXR 500. TurboXS FMIC, intake, DC unequal headers, up pipe, Invidia N1 TBE, GFB pulleys, K&N typhoon short ram, TXS catch can, SPEC stage 2.5 clutch, ACT streetlite flywheel, STi braided clutch line, current gearbox is a JDM STi GC8 RA altho Ive got an 04 STi 6 speed sitting at the house waiting to go in along with some cusco motor/tranny mounts, SPEC stage 3+ 6MT clutch w new light flywheel, it currently has kartboy short shifter, KB front/rear shifter bushings. I know theres more that ive forgotten here but this is getting long winded enough :p

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hello and welcome. Your pics aren't working. :(

Anakin_WRX

awww jeeze really? ugh! I shared those using the uploader here and when I clicked on the links last night the pictures were coming up fine...hmm any other way to post pics otherwise I spose you can check out the Facebook page for the car, just search Anakin Wrx, itll come up, its the one and and only :tup:

Anakin_WRX

aww jeeze! well I used the uploader on here to share those off my computer and when I clicked on the links to check them last night they came up fine :p oh well, Ill re post some if theres a different way or something, otherwise your welcome to just check out the cars Facebook page, just search Anakin Wrx, itll come up as its the one and only :p

Anakin_WRX

Thx guys :) As soon as I get back to work Ill try and become a contributor and up my membership. Ill take the elite exam then :) I suppose well see just how much I actually know about Subies :p Anyway great forums from what Ive seen, very cool layout and seems to be a great community here!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thx guys :) As soon as I get back to work Ill try and become a contributor and up my membership. Ill take the elite exam then :) I suppose well see just how much I actually know about Subies :p Anyway great forums from what Ive seen, very cool layout and seems to be a great community here!

We have the best of the best here. I go nowhere else for information. Also to take the Elite test you need to be a "Sponsor". We take Elite very serious. :tup:

Anakin_WRX

yeah that makes sense, it wouldnt be all that elite if everyone was...well...elite ;p anyway Im going to try and do these pictures now the same way I do on Nasioc so here goes, if it doesnt work Ill just get a photobucket and do it that way.

249676_104478912980076_100002539027375_36118_2044127_n.jpg

251636_104478946313406_100002539027375_36120_1303473_n.jpg

311850_161889893905644_100002539027375_291296_443257921_n.jpg

250152_102756569818977_100002539027375_18815_66660_n.jpg

set

250101_102756583152309_100002539027375_18816_4071745_n.jpg

397104_195552673872699_100002539027375_385958_212340085_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anakin_WRX

$#@%&*!!!!! well looks like that method doesnt apply here :p As im actually sitting in a Mcdonalds off the highway in miles city montana on my way back to Wyoming Ill do the photobucket thing tmrw probably bc I really need to get back on the roooo-add!! in the mean time if you wanna see the Subie just add me on FB. just search Anakin Wrx, all the build pics and the modified magazine pics and yada yada yada are all there (yes go ahead and laugh all you want because I made a FB page for my Subie)

Anakin_WRX

Hey thx for the help w the pics! dont know why they didnt show up at 1st??? and yeah 5 STi's?? I havent even owned one yet :p Ive been building this same little bugeye for the better part of 5 years now altho to be fair this car is far beyond a normal STi at this point :D anyway pics are up thx to a little help from fujiwara! like I said before the car looked a bit different in the front at the time it went into modified magazine but since has been reverted back to mostly factory w obsidian black pearl paint and a JDM STi grille and jdm sti projector headlight housings :)