Debating playing with the rims.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Scott says I should go orange on the rims. You guys have me looking at the plasti dip stuff, did a lot of research on it, and I'm willing to goof off with it.

What colors should we try for on the rims with the WRB blue? I'll try several if I have to, to find the perfect color. :p

Keep in mind, Black and White are already on the list.. hehe. I had a blue 2000 civic Si with white rims, and I liked it, but a bitch to keep clean.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why don't you upgrade your membership first! :rofl:

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
lol. I will! :p and I am thinking of playing with that plasti dip stuff since it's removable. Cheap here in orlando, too. Can probably do all the wheels for about 20=30 bucks

Oh, and don't get Crystal started on her wheel/rim tangent :tard: It's not pretty. lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Orange will look really cool with the WRB!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Yeah, think we're gonna play with that as the first option. Orange is technically a complimentary color for blue, and we've got a couple oranges to go with, maybe even bordering to the old school bbs yellowish, I think Scott wants to try something like this, and it's kind of growing on me.

Gumball.jpg

But with his black paint job, I think he should go something like this

1883191_600.jpg

STIadmirer

personally, i think a BRIGHT yellow would look cool. not construction yellow, but like fresh banana yellow. and plasti dip works pretty darn well, my buddy bought like 2 cans, and we got 4 wheels done. he did all black, and they alctually held up superbly. comes off when you want it to. but white would also work, buddys 2011 just got white ones, on his dark blue... looks great

UndrWrldAssasin

What is "plasti drip"? Where can you get it (so i can look into it)? I'm looking at possibly playing around cosmetically with my car after i do my tuning.

DierwulfBL

Do they sell BBS Gold (or close) plasti-dip? Im seeing metalizers and such and the website for plasti-dip looks like only 6 colors yet i see tons more being talked about. What am I missing here? Anyone got a link to a place to purchase online with lots of colors?

edit: if I have to mix my own colors that would be a no go, the matte black with gold metalizer is looking fairly decent maybe 6 coats of the gold so hardly any black shines through

Last edited:

R3V

Obviously this will be different because they are powdercoated, but this is what a good yellow will look like:

6883946953_c26d4e10aa_b.jpg

6883947905_b1bdf80bf4_b.jpg

6883945681_7a763d3eae_b.jpg

I'll post the shots of them on the car once they get mounted.

R3V

It's awesome looking. The top ones are highlighter yellow and depending on the light show blue and purple. He/I are pretty handy with a camera so when shots get posted you'll have an excellent idea of how they look.

Paul.c

Here's a different car, with yellow wheels:

5976067948_2f7336c998_b.jpg

He is driving way too fast inside that shop!! Is that Dave Mirra driving that car? Hoodlums.

I gotta say that the yellow isn't too awful. Is it any worse than having gold rims? Maybe you should look into the glow in the dark paint like Ken Block's new Gymkhana car.

Did you ever end up doing this? how did it come out? I hit a pot hole and gashed one of the stockers on my 11 hatch. I was thinking orange though.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Haven't yet.. work has been crazy, and my buddy Scott over at Punisher Performance and Tuning is actually busy as hell, for a shop that's less than a month old :) Yay Scott! Maybe when we're doing the sub and amp this week.. hmm. I'll have to head to Ace Hardware, I've heard they sell it there.

UndrWrldAssasin

He is driving way too fast inside that shop!! Is that Dave Mirra driving that car? Hoodlums.

I gotta say that the yellow isn't too awful. Is it any worse than having gold rims? Maybe you should look into the glow in the dark paint like Ken Block's new Gymkhana car.

What is wrong with gold rims? Hater haha