New to the car scene, HELP!

burtonxridaxx

I just bought a 2007 WRX TR and the only mods it came with is a AEM Cold air intake, STI exhaust, and pillar gauges. Looking to start modding the car, would like to get close to 300HP so please shoot me some suggestions on some simple mods that'll help me gain power !

DONT BE A DICK....PLEASE AND THANK YOU :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First thing is welcome. Second no one will be a dick to you here. Third I would start with an access port.

Z1107

Hello and like JJ said no jerkoffs here. To your question, new injectors, fuel pump, AP, new ebcs, turboback exhaust, protune. I missed some stuff but the other guys will get it.

UndrWrldAssasin

Welcome to the forum. First off like CRZTBRO said I would start with a COBB Accessport. After that you could go with intake, exhaust, Walbro fuel pump, but also something you should look into getting if you are looking to do racing is a boost controller. And of course getting a pro tune. Do you research (as all these guys have told me) some parts you are going to want to buy brand new and others you can get used. When you go to get your pro tune, make sure you look into the shop and get to know the guys that will be doing the tune. I have a shop that I work with and I'm probably a pain in their as but I'm building a good relationship with the guys and they are not steering me wrong. Their "opponent" is all jacked up. (not mentioning any names) But first things first do your research and grab up a COBB access port. Hope this helps. Welcome aboard!!!

jswansti

Welcome! +1 for a cobb accessport. And if the WRX is anything like a stock Sti, I would remove the intake and put a stock one back on if possible. At least until you go in for a pro-tune. Our cars are very picky with modifications without tuning. As listed above, an accessport, tbe, tgv delete, ebcs, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, vf39, Sti tmic, external wastegate, spark plugs, and a pro-tune will have you sitting pretty nicely! Beware the transmission though. Also look into an air oil splitter, which I need to do myself lol.

Last edited:

ZachTTLM

I agree with most of the information above. A good start to reaching your goal will start with a great flowing exhaust (i.e. invidia downpipe and N-1 catback or something similar), COBB AccessPORT, Fuel Pump upgrade (Walbro 255lph or DeatschWerks 300 series) and upgraded injectors. If your pillar gauges do not include a Wideband, I would also recommend this addition as well to ensure proper A/F Ratio. I would be happy to help you out with these or anything else you may need. Feel free to contact me for pricing, if you find it cheaper somewhere let me know I will do what I can to beat it as I would for all IGOTA customers.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's why I didn't bother posting :lol:

Last edited:

jswansti

Although we have all failed to add a pro-tune on E85 if its available to him. If not, meth is always an option.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah but he is only looking for 300whp. You could do that on pump and a good stage 2 setup and tune. :tup:

STIadmirer

defintaly no one gunna mess with you here bud. if you dont want to spend tons of money, ive seen results of a sti, stock, with only a protune, made like 290 to the wheels, no exhaust or nothing. if you dont want to go CRAZY do the typical exhaust, down pipe, and all. cold air intake. but you already got that. and the cobb accessport is a big help. if you wanted you could pro tune right there... might be around if not over 300 there. if you have e85 around you, im pretty sure fuel pump and injectors, with a tune would allow you to run that... adds like 60 some horses right guys? but its your car, spend the money the way you want, just no playboy bunny stickers lol