Talk about BOV's here

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Say whatcha like or don't like about em!

Everything I found says, useless in most Subie applications.

fallenone121

On Vacation
I like rabid squirrels...it doesnt mean I would install it in my car or put it in my pants.

All of my research has come forward with poor reactions to TurboXS but Tial BOVs are highly regarded and preferred for high performance applications.

If your idea of 'high performance application' is jamming to wally world to get a gallon of milk or you dont know what a high performance application is - you dont need a BOV.

I personally like to toe lines in the sand...to push limits. But thats just me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What he said. ^^^^^^

fallenone121

On Vacation
Here's the bottom line from my point of view:
Stock works good up until a certain point. If you like the sound, cool. However, I'm a $/HP guy and a BOV is a waste until you're pushing serious power. I'm running a stock EVO BPV at 26 PSI with no issues. Why? Cause it was free.

You are also one of the ones who could use a 'high performance application' ideal.

You are by no means the typical average joe with his kid hauler.

Z1107

I like rabid squirrels...it doesnt mean I would install it in my car or put it in my pants.

All of my research has come forward with poor reactions to TurboXS but Tial BOVs are highly regarded and preferred for high performance applications.

If your idea of 'high performance application' is jamming to wally world to get a gallon of milk or you dont know what a high performance application is - you dont need a BOV.

I personally like to toe lines in the sand...to push limits. But thats just me.

That's great and it's your opinion. And if that's what your research says then fine. But seeing as I HAVE a turboxs and know 2 other people who run them with no problems I'll take my experience over an OPINION. So please don't insult my intelligence because of a personal preference on what I run on my car and what you don't on yours. Thank you.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That's great and it's your opinion. And if that's what your research says then fine. But seeing as I HAVE a turboxs and know 2 other people who run them with no problems I'll take my experience over an OPINION. So please don't insult my intelligence because of a personal preference on what I run on my car and what you don't on yours. Thank you.

How'd he insult your intelligence. He just said it wasnt for him.

I'm in the same boat. I liken it to a FMIC. Maybe one day i'll need it, until then i'll stick with what i've got. :tup:

Z1107

Again. As a person that runs one on my car after my stock BPV failed, I have had no problems with mine. And like Fuji and Holy said they are best for cars on SD, VTA BOVs are notoriously fussy on Subarus, that is why I have a hybrid that only VTAs on WOT.

Vermont

Again. As a person that runs one on my car after my stock BPV failed, I have had no problems with mine. And like Fuji and Holy said they are best for cars on SD, VTA BOVs are notoriously fussy on Subarus, that is why I have a hybrid that only VTAs on WOT.

Me and holy got into a huge argument back last year about this same issue on iwsti.com.... Where I was able to come away from it more than a little bit more enlightened. Then while me and him were tuning my car a few months ago we talking about it again and went over how the side effects could be tuned out using the load comp tables and two others i forget now... I guess the problem he was running into is that the the stock bpv was pushing so much air back into the intake it was sending it back out.... In his case a VTA is the only option....

I'm in the same boat. I liken it to a FMIC. Maybe one day i'll need it, until then i'll stick with what i've got.

:tup: Coundent agree more... On a side note though they do sound fucking awesome....

Td_d

Commander In Chief
To chime in - I also have to run a BOV (streetsmart) - at 27~28psi+ the stocker is just not an option. You can mitigate some of the effects through tuning - haven't really had too much of a problem. Richen up maybe 0.5 AFR on throttle let off - but that's what FFS is for :shock:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Sadly no, I've got so many gigs of logs, I couldn't begin to track it down. From recollection, 26 psi was basically the limit.

DierwulfBL

bought an HKS SSQV v3 but havent installed, bought the bypass adapter as well. I'm a ricer at heart and want to her the WHOOSH :), if it leaks or causes any issues ill sell it for what I paid, got great deals and won't lose any money

leftbehind126

bought an HKS SSQV v3 but havent installed, bought the bypass adapter as well. I'm a ricer at heart and want to her the WHOOSH :), if it leaks or causes any issues ill sell it for what I paid, got great deals and won't lose any money

Ahh, the "I replaced my cars balls with a vagina" BOV.

Stiyle11sedan

I run the Synapse BOV on mine and I am extremely happy with it....it can be run either VTA or recirc

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I run the Synapse BOV on mine and I am extremely happy with it....it can be run either VTA or recirc

I'm a huge fan of synapse. It is the most scalable, adjustable, reliable, BOV money can buy IMO. A big part of getting a BOV to work with a MAF setup is it's adjustability. This one has it.