2013 SRT Viper unveil

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love it! Well there goes my STi! :rambo: Thanks Paul for ruining my day.

Z1107

Kinda let down theyre still using the same chassis as before, really hoped they would use the Alfa Romeo 8c chassis.

Paul.c

There is nothing wrong with the previous chassis though. It is the fastest production car around the ring after all.

Vermont

Kinda let down theyre still using the same chassis as before, really hoped they would use the Alfa Romeo 8c chassis.

Ewww.... although the car looks nice (even that is debatable) it handles like a world war 2 willies jeep.... Honestly sticking to the same chassis was a smart thing to do. I wonder what type of engine they are going to put in it though. There was a lot of talk of GM down sizing the vettes engine and going with a twin turbo v8. So I wonder if dodge is going to do the same, they do have a history of boosting their srt line of cars and think a twin turbo v8 would be awesome.

Ewww.... although the car looks nice (even that is debatable) it handles like a world war 2 willies jeep.... Honestly sticking to the same chassis was a smart thing to do. I wonder what type of engine they are going to put in it though. There was a lot of talk of GM down sizing the vettes engine and going with a twin turbo v8. So I wonder if dodge is going to do the same, they do have a history of boosting their srt line of cars and think a twin turbo v8 would be awesome.

You're joking right? You realize the ACR set a record at Nurburgring and left the ZR1 in its dust.. I'm also pretty sure the 2010 SRT10's were a better handling than their competition or at least more track friendly.

Vermont

You're joking right? You realize the ACR set a record at Nurburgring and left the ZR1 in its dust.. I'm also pretty sure the 2010 SRT10's were a better handling than their competition or at least more track friendly.

I was talking about the Alfa 8c.... I personally love Vipers as my family is all Mopar...

Paul.c

I love it... Ever since they came out i have always wanted a viper..

Nope... they handle like shit on a track... or at least on banks... in the flats if you were to barely blip the gas in the turns the ass end wanted to come out... it takes some big balls a hairy back some skill and a lot of luck just to putt one of these around the track... but these are a beast when you can harness them don't get me wrong...

I agree with you bubba. This car is not for a regular driver which is why I have absolutely loved the viper since 1993(before then even). The viper has always made a point to be a bad ass machine with very little frills and amazing performance in the right hands. For you of all people to generalize and say they handle like shit on a track is ridiculous. The viper holds multiple track records which has already been mentioned. I am a little disappointed in you. Did you get your info from 'Top Gear'?

I'm a little tipsy right now so no offense ?

Paul.c

Yeah I know you have credibility in your statements. That is why I was surprised by your comments. Maybe I am just disappointed in your comments :(

Paul.c

I should of,said "nope.... Unless you are a highly skilled driver"... These cars are amazing but for an average joe racer ge is better off,in a lambo or ferrari... But the skill it takes to drive these and be fast is what I love about them...

We are obviously on the exact same page regarding this car. I am just a little over sensitive bitch when it comes to people bashing vipers. Carry on Bubba.

Paul.c

Still using the v10

If it comes down to sales volume and the SRT Viper doesn't make the numbers I would love to see a NA v8 version. Just something more affordable that will at the same time keep the car alive. Obviously keep the V10 FOREVER, but a viper that I could afford someday would be sweet!