IC Spray.........

BooBoo25931

So I searched a little bit, and could not find a direct answer..
Probably way overthinking this...but my first Noob question!
and please don't say make sure its full......as everyone else has

I have an 06 STi....and the IC Spray is retarded..it wont go off when you hit the button and comes on randomly, (not always on gas or under load can just be when I cold start and its idling). Not completely positive its spraying when its on either. It does for sure underload but otherwise I notice nothing, just the light...and the kicker, my reverse lights click on when first in reverse, but go away when you start moving the car. I figure this is the park neutral switch, but also owning an Audi I know the most random electrical issues can be linked together.

So the question, how the heck can I get the IC Spray to be normal? Is it a fuse, or wiring, is it shorting out, or is it supposed to flash like there is some random techno music to it? I have tried messing with wires and things, but can not get it to stop tripping out on me.

and.......would the reverse lights be connected in somewhere along the lines, or should I just concentrate on the park neutral switch, and stop trying to link them together?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I've never heard or seen this issue first hand so I'm clueless. Let's see what the others have to say.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to look at the wire diagrams... I'll be back :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
From what I can see I would venture to guess that it is the timer module that is faulty but before you go replacing that you might want to rule some things out first. You will need a test light and a multimeter. If you are inclined to do so, you may want to check the following spots in the wiring. If you do check continuity between the suggested parts just pull the fuse prior to doing so, otherwise the power will conflict with the ohm meter.

I hope this helps a little. If not I will try to explain further.

Screenshot-2012-04-06_10.14.03.png

Screenshot-2012-04-06_10.38.30.png

Screenshot-2012-04-06_10.38.04.png

Screenshot-2012-04-06_10.39.38.png

Screenshot-2012-04-06_10.39.11.png

BooBoo25931

^that actually does help..i shall venture into it tomorrow and try to figure it out. Stresses me out trying to drive with a orange light show on the dash.

and looking at the butt diagram. it looks as if the reverse lights could cross wires with that somewhere...hurm.....I shall update after testing random things :)

Thank you!