Noob

STIRoyce

I would like to know as much info about modified STI's as possible. What parts work best together Ect...

STIRoyce

well i was looking at the 11's i Love the body style!!! the horse power it comes with is amazing too!! But idk how much you can modify the engine in it, i know nothing about modifying STI"s, The Specs about a stock STI is no problem to find.......

ZachTTLM

First off welcome! The 11s are as modable as and other STi. In fact some of the parts are shared with the earlier models and they all accept mods well!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy... :lol:

First I would say to have a clear goal for the car... What type of performance driving do you want it for and what power goals do you expect.

One thing I can tell you is don't jump into the mods willy nilly. These cars require tuning for just about anything you do. The best thing to do is to define a goal and research first. Then accumulate all you parts and install them at one time. This way you can tune once and for everything you have.

Do not get an after market intake... They are useless unless you are going big turbo. The stock setup with a K&N filter is the best bang for your money.

For your fist mod I would suggest going Stage 2 which includes a Turbo back exhaust, and a Stage 2 tune. (either with an AccessPort or an OpenSource tune) Possibly a Fuel Pump. Stage 2 will give you enough power to satisfy a wide range of performance driving goals.

If you are looking to buy a car I would suggest you look for a clean unmolested stock STi. This way you can hand pick the parts and you will have good bones to work with. Don't buy something that has a built block or a heavy list of mods. The majority of them are vastly unreliable and you just don't know what you are getting.

Unless the car is used, If it were me, I would wait till your warranty is done before you start modding anything :tup:

Just take your time and check out all the write-ups on the site and make wise educated decisions.

ZachTTLM

^^ George is the man and very accurate with his advice here. With how you should plan your car around the goal and starting with a car that has been untouched far as mods go! This way less of chance of buying someone elses problem/mistake.

Welcome and enjoy... :lol:

First I would say to have a clear goal for the car... What type of performance driving do you want it for and what power goals do you expect.

One thing I can tell you is don't jump into the mods willy nilly. These cars require tuning for just about anything you do. The best thing to do is to define a goal and research first. Then accumulate all you parts and install them at one time. This way you can tune once and for everything you have.

Do not get an after market intake... They are useless unless you are going big turbo. The stock setup with a K&N filter is the best bang for your money.

For your fist mod I would suggest going Stage 2 which includes a Turbo back exhaust, and a Stage 2 tune. (either with an AccessPort or an OpenSource tune) Possibly a Fuel Pump. Stage 2 will give you enough power to satisfy a wide range of performance driving goals.

If you are looking to buy a car I would suggest you look for a clean unmolested stock STi. This way you can hand pick the parts and you will have good bones to work with. Don't buy something that has a built block or a heavy list of mods. The majority of them are vastly unreliable and you just don't know what you are getting.

Unless the car is used, If it were me, I would wait till your warranty is done before you start modding anything :tup:

Just take your time and check out all the write-ups on the site and make wise educated decisions.

I totally agree with this.

Welcome to the forum. :tup:

STIRoyce

Well thank you very much Sir, For a Stock 06 - 07 WhatS A Fair price range to pay? (Privet party) Because i look on craigslist almost everyday for STI's and there asking just as must as the dealer if not more (Some stock one's even are 30K+)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
My STi is an 04. Alittle over two years ago I paid $25,000 for it with 4600 miles. These cars bring big money.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah shop around... $30,000 is way to much... 06-07 your looking between 20,000 and 25,000 for a reasonable price and it better be absolutely perfect and completely un-molested. Anything more than that and I would tell them to stick it!

Kelly Blue Book on a perfect condition 2006 STi with 80,000 miles on it is $19,882 for private sale.

http://www.kbb.com/subaru/impreza/2...category=sedan&pricetype=private-party#survey

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Two years ago, i paid $24 for my absolutely pristine '07 with 17k miles. I bought it from my best friend, so pricing was tricky. I thought it should've been a bit less, he thought a bit more.

STIRoyce

Nice man, and thank you i'd rather pay 20k than 30k lol I think ima save up like 25k cash and go to the subaru dealership, & say "I want that one" && pull the cash out & start counting it infount of his face, 25k... i would get the car at least :D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
so true! I love it when friends go to get out of the car and reach for the top of the window where a frame should be and look at me with confusion! Hahahaha. ;)

But i hate when they get out and reach for it anyways and close the door by the window!! They did that ALL the time in my mini. I was afraid they were gonna snap with window in half.

UndrWrldAssasin

Well thank you very much Sir, For a Stock 06 - 07 WhatS A Fair price range to pay? (Privet party) Because i look on craigslist almost everyday for STI's and there asking just as must as the dealer if not more (Some stock one's even are 30K+)

Im not sure about any other bank as far as the ones that do financing...but USAA you can call up (even as a non-member) and ask for a price on the car but you have to have the VIN number and mileage. They will also tell you if it has had any issues with it (car fax). Then they will give you the price for that car according to kelly blue book. That will give you a bartering tool to reduce the price. But then you have to take into consideration...has the person modified the car as well. Mods will drive up the price. Hope this helps. Good luck

I have a 2007 STI WRB about as cherry as you can get and these guys on here have helped me out big time. any question you have don't hesitate to post it on here to get advice.