Yahoo Article on small cars

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/5-small-cars-with-the-worst-gas-mileage.html?page=5

This article titled "5 small cars with the worst gas mileage" made me sort of laugh. This articel misses the boat, it is not aimed for peopel wanting good mileage. Just because it is 'small' doesnt mean it gets good milege, its a sprots car, no one getting and STi is expecting 40+mpg.

Secondly, where can I get a 2012 STi for $23, 345????? I will take 5 at that price!

1. 2012 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX STI MPG: 17 city/23 hwy/ 19.8 combined
MSRP: $36,845
Alternative Trim: 5dr Auto 2.0i Sport Limited
MPG: 27 city/36 hwy/31 combined
MSRP: $23,345
Although the 2012 Subaru Impreza was completely redesigned for the 2012 model year, the high-performance, sport-tuned WRX STI trim carried over unchanged from the previous year. A turbocharged 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine that can produce 305 horsepower and 290-lb-ft of torque delivers a powerful punch from the small car, but it also drives down fuel economy and drives up the price. If you have fuel economy on your mind, try the 2.0i Sport Limited trim and fuel economy soars up by more than 10 mpg for highway mpg and 11 mpg combined and drops the price down by more than $10K.
Reality check: The much smaller Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX STI gets the same fuel economy as the brawny Ford F-150 truck, which carries a 3.7-liter V-6 engine that can generate 302 horsepower and 278-lb-ft of torque and weighs (curb weight) 1300 more pounds than the Subaru Impreza Wagon (4,685 pounds versus 3,384 pounds).

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Secondly, where can I get a 2012 STi for $23, 345????? I will take 5 at that price!

1. 2012 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX STI MPG: 17 city/23 hwy/ 19.8 combined
MSRP: $36,845

I think you're looking that the wrong MSRP

But yeah, each of those cars was the sports version (except why not the evo??) except that dinky matrix.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will take 5 myself!

I also don't think I bought my STi for gas mileage. :rofl:

Ahh yes, I see that now, that price is for the 2.0.....
Still, I laugh at a lot of the Yahoo auto articles because you can tell they are written by people who dont know what they are talking about.
Why isnt the 370z on that list? It is 'small'. etc

Z1107

Yeah they certainly missed the point. No one buys a car that requires premium fuel for gas mileage.

STimedic

Sad part is that with a tune, no cats and a few other parts gas milage can get better

At one point on the stock turbo, I was hitting 300AWHP, 321 AWTQ and getting 29mpg on the freeway....now if only I could get close to that again, I'd be happy.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
At one point on the stock turbo, I was hitting 300AWHP, 321 AWTQ and getting 29mpg on the freeway....now if only I could get close to that again, I'd be happy.

I want those numbers! What were your mods? I'm particularly interested in that fuel economy!

STimedic

All I had was a Perrin CAI, DWG DP, GS pnp intake and exhaust manis and TB, axleback at the time, Spearco TMIC, walbro, protune, 3port EBCS.

And Gino, shut your cum dumpster. :tard: You're the only one whose fuel tables divide by zero my friend.