TurboBack Exhaust

LudaDaIntruda

I purchased a Tanabe Medalion Concept G Blue Turboback Exhaust for my 2011 STI Sedan... will this be a good exhaust for my STI?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That is defiantly not a cheap exhaust. :thumbsup: I approve.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Pipes are Pipes IMO but Tanabe is a good solid company... I can't see how you could go wrong. having seen pictures of the exhaust I would say you did good.

You should let us know what you think by writing a review on your personal thoughts and experience. :tup:

LudaDaIntruda

Actually here is a total list of all the Mods that are getting installed, any input much appreciated:

HKS Tubro Timer w/ Harness
Cosworth Short Ram Intake
Tanabe Turboback Exhaust
Front and Rear Skid Plates
Tanabe Sustec Front Strut Tower Bar
HKS BOV
GrillCraft Hood Scoop Grill
Rally Armor MudFlaps
HALO Oil and Boost Gauge
COBB AccessPort
GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat Shield
SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod 52mm
2 Sparco Tuner 4-Point Bolt-In Harness w/Camlock Release
2 Sets of Sparco Tuner Red Harness Pads

Sparco Harness Bar

Last edited by a moderator:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What are goals?

LudaDaIntruda

My goals are to attain atleast 350whp, I found a place up in Seattle close to where my STI is right now where I will get my tuned done when I get back! I want a nice solid trail vehicle, with mininal mods to suspension, chassis and hardware.

LudaDaIntruda

Yeah I read nothing but great reviews about the exhaust system! It has a very powerful sound as well, what I like about it the most is it's straight piped.. that's what made me go with it over all.. and yes it was spendy but it should be worth it. The exhuast even comes with silencers... which of course I will never use.. I appreciate the comments guys, thanks!

LudaDaIntruda

Mods

Thanks for the input... will take everything into consideration... may cancel order on Tanabe Turbo Back Exhaust... any recommendations on a True 3" straight piped Turbo Back Exhuast for my STI sedan?

LudaDaIntruda

I paid $1430.00 including shipping, cheapest price I could find anyways... and yes I know it's exspensive, it's also a light exhaust system as well.

LudaDaIntruda

But all seriously you think the 2.50" exhaust diameter will seriously greatly effect the horsepower output on a dyno tune?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You guys make jealous! I'm spending money on an invidia dp, but buying a cheap eBay catback.

As I said before... a pipe is a pipe... My headers where ebay and they turned out to be the best ones I ever had. never cracked like the prosports I had and fitment was good... but I guess it is hit or miss.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
yeah, I have the Invidia pipes with Perrin EL race headers. It makes for a pretty crazy sound, not nearly as bad as I'd feared from listening to people talk about it. You definitely won't go wrong with your choices there. Congrats to you! :)