hello from the Philippines

berdugo

hello,

I'm from the Philippines, Bluedemon_II informed me about this forum so here I am now. :D

I love modding my 07 EDM STI and I'm an advocate of big turbos and FMIC and powerful brake setup for safety.

This is my old setup

Baguio City Lion Head 2008.jpg

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome! Pictures please!!!

hello,

I'm from the Philippines, Bluedemon_II informed me about this forum so here I am now. :D

I love modding my 07 EDM STI and I'm an advocate of big turbos and FMIC and powerful brake setup for safety.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: Glad to have you join the team!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks again Berdugo for becoming a sponsor to the site! It's means a lot to us! :thumbsup:

berdugo

Wow that's really clean. Very nicely done :thumbsup:

pencil.png

Yeah man that looks super nice. Love the wheels.

Thanks guys :D

I like your dimpled rotors... i almost went with a similar set but i heard horror stories of mud and rocks getting caught in them and tearing apart your pads... i ended up with vented rotors instead... im curious if you have ever had a problem with the dimpled ones though

It's not really dimpled rotors, it's more of a cresent moon/semi circle shape instead of slots in the rotors. I don't know why Alcon designed it that way, my former Stoptech bbk had slotted rotors. I don't know if the semi crcle pattern have technical advantage to slots if any at all.

I just bought the Alco set when my friend me asked me if I will sell him my Stoptech front bbk. He tracks his car a lot and over heated his brembo more than once that's why he bought the Stoptech from me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Berdugo, I love the power greedy saying. Now you need to add a cool avatar!

berdugo

Berdugo, I love the power greedy saying. Now you need to add a cool avatar!

thanks man :)

I'll think of a nice Avatar that I'll use.

I had a reality check with myself a long time ago and I concluded I'm a Power Greedy person :lol:

The 2 selling point of the STI for me is the engine power and the bremo brakes. I just got very disappointed how weak the top end power of the stock STI, and the brembo brakes had horrible time stopping my car in it's stock form.

The 1st mod I did was replace the brake pads with Project Mu street sports pads, it was ok for stock STI power. But with a properly tuned 35R powered STI, I felt it was really unsafe for me driving my car and pushing with that setup, by then I know I need a bbk with race pads.

My first power mod was the Crawford 35R turbo kit with supporting mods and tune. Then I got disappointed knowing I had maxxed out my MAF sensor with ecutek internet tuning but my 35R was still very far from being maxxed out.

I ended up buying MoTec M800 PnP so I can replace my MAP sensor, I also removed my MAF sensor and put AC Delco IAT sensor on the IC pipe just before the TB.

If I can turn back the time, I'll skip ecutek internet tuning and go directly to MoTec M800. :lol:

berdugo

Welcome it's great having people from all around the world here!

I'm hoping this forum will be a lot different from other Subaru forums where there are lot's of haters to out of the box ideas.

The good thing is, you've tried it and learned which best suits your setup. Good choice on the MoTec, and glad to have you here!

Yeah I had lots of experience with datalogging, wideband sensors and some other pressure sensors for datalogging :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Don't worry as long as I'm in charge it's gonna stay the way we have it! :)

berdugo

Don't worry as long as I'm in charge it's gonna stay the way we have it! :)

thanks man, I'm really happy to know that :):tup:

happy holidays to everyone :)

common questions that gets bashed in other forums are

1. upgrading to much bigger than stock turbo
2. n2o setup
3. ignition upgrades
4. you guys can add to the list :lol:

common answers I give to some questions that makes me get bashed by other "so called experts"

1. I advise good race pads to someone asking for a good pads for autox and track - I get bashed by some.

2. Newbie looking for 600whp setup, I point them to members who have that power and advise them to check their setup- I get bashed. :lol: Sometimes I feel there are some members in other forums who feel the need to bash :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If I catch someone bashing they are out! That's BS and will not happen here!

berdugo

thanks a lot man, that really mean a lot :)

let's all keep this forum progressive as it can be, exchanging ideas, analysing the pros and cons of a mod, thinking of ways to improve existing ideas :)