Hellaflush. Ughhh or hmmmm

Z1107

Thread to debate yay or nay and why regarding hellaflush. Rules are same as forum rules, stay civil but don't get butt hurt over an opposing opinion.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
uggh on an STI. Chances are if your STI is hellaflush it has no handling at all. These cars were designed to handle and go, so it really defeats the purpose.

Looks good though!

Z1107

By hellaflush I mean people that choose style over function. I despise at a molecular level people that take cars and rape them by dropping cars to the ground purely for looks while it serves no function. Cars that are dropped for performance is a completely different topic all together.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So what does everyone think of my stance now?

I for one dislike it. Not gonna lie Some look good but when I began seeing astro vans, vw's that look like if you go over 20mph the rust will fly off it became a huge turn off. If its not practical and it hinders the performance of the car then What's the point. A car is meant to be enjoyed while driving. Not to be a burden because your about to rip off the front bumper because your going over a speed bump or you hit a pot hole.

Z1107

^ well said. Alot of rednecks where I live are cutting the springs on everything from neons to buicks.

icudruln

Personally, I like cars with an aggressive stance with a nice set of wheels, but not anything with say a 205/35R18 tire on a wheel that's 18x10.5. And I hate the ridiculous looking setups.

Nice look, but not my taste for our cars:

DSC_0135.jpg

Makes you look like an idiot:
oni_camber_08.jpg

Properly done:

IMG_8563.jpg

STimedic

I like my stance currently, but I'll like it even more with a set of FA 510 Gen4's w/ the Swift Springs upgrade and 18x9.5 RPF1's w/ 275/35-18 Z1's set just the way I am now. I prefer function over form. But I also like Bubba's offerings. I just might have to get a WRX wagon for my next build and go to town with it rally-style.

My stance is amazing with BC coilovers and 225/45/17 rota's not it has a lower stance looks aggressive but I can still take corners at high speeds

Vermont

Just picked up a set of SSR type F wheels... only problem is they are +60 offset so ima need to run spacers for the street.... Looks like I am going over to the dark side,

HELLAFLUSH!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looks like your now getting ban! :rofl:

Vermont

So confused as to why you would need spacers on a plus 60 back spacing.

It is a 18x9 +60 so the added width gets me hitting my struts. At least when I lined it up and looked it over when I bought them it looked like it would rub by a few mm. I am thinking a 15mm spacer would sort out the problem right, but I wanna makes sure. So I am gonna take it in to a place near me and have them give me a hand with finding the right width and right spacer as I know nothing about spacers right now. I am pretty sure that you don;t want to run them on the track, and thus I will be running my stock BBS (which are already super light, 20lbs) and rock the SSR's on the street and be..... wait for it................

HERROFLUSH!!!!

Unless that is I don't need spacers which would be awesome but I am pretty sure i do need them.