Ipod connectivity 2012 STi

Rodericm

Quick question...I just picked up my 2012 STi and I'm having trouble with the Ipod. The music plays fine with the bluetooth but when i try and connect it via the USB, it recognizes my iphone, brings up the next track and goes to pause. There doesn't seen to be any button on the car unit to hit play and the iphone's ipod controls are inaccesible because its connected. Anyone else have that problem?

Rodericm

Apparently, you can't run the music through the USB connection if your phone is paired via bluetooth. That seems weird. Anyone else have that problem?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I wish I could help you, but I have no clue on your issue.

Tonytouch

I've always been able to play mine either way. I play via USB on long drives or if I need to charge, BT when running around town. Mine is a 2011 limited so it had the USB hookup factory I didn't have to add it as an option.

Rodericm

I've always been able to play mine either way. I play via USB on long drives or if I need to charge, BT when running around town. Mine is a 2011 limited so it had the USB hookup factory I didn't have to add it as an option.

Mine is also the factory option. It plays through the USB if I disable bluetooth but when BT is enabled and I select the USB option, it recognizes the iphone and brings up the track display but then pauses the music and I'm not able to play the track. I wonder if it's something to do with the settings

Gussy818

Put it on usb connection and once the music pauses just click Bluetooth and your phone should still charge and play music ;) (2013sti)
It's complicated but w.e....

also if it doesnt play, press on your steering wheel the address book button and let it talk for like 5 seconds and then click the hang up button and music should start playing.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I'm having that same exact issue on my 2013 STi. It just looks like the phone doesn't like that. Maybe it's a little bit of the car and the phone, but it appears to be mostly on the side of the phone

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Put it on usb connection and once the music pauses just click Bluetooth and your phone should still charge and play music ;) (2013sti)
It's complicated but w.e....

also if it doesnt play, press on your steering wheel the address book button and let it talk for like 5 seconds and then click the hang up button and music should start playing.
That's awesome!!! Props on figuring out how to circumvent the system!

quality_sound

So I finally picked up my STI and when my Moto X is paired I can't get ANY music to play. Even with the iPod disconnected the BT audio won't play. It's odd. I'm going to look at the manual tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

quality_sound

I may have figured this whole deal out.

Initially I paired my phone using the radio controls. Everything went to shit. I got a chance to read the manual and it said to pair using the steering wheel controls. Did that and now all is fine. I haven't tried to connect it to the USB port while it's BT connected but I'll give that a whirl and see what happens. I always charge with my cigarette lighter adapter.