IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sucks to be him. :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn lol

Stiyle11sedan

That is why the 5.0 should not try these things.....you could see he broke traction several times before he wrecked. Now a properly setup stang could give the STI a run for its money, but it would have to be planted on the ground and also have quite a bit more power than that one does. Looks like just a 5.0 with maybe an HCI done. It would be lucky to be pushing 300whp.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
He kept up for a little bit, anyways!
Typical. I have seen too many of this era Mustang do things like that. Stock the hp was pretty low, like 220ish at the crank, but the torque was around 285ish, iirc. It took a lot of work to make HP to the wheels but it was torquey from the get go and adding more torque exaggerated the one major pitfall.
These have got to be one of the worst handling cars I have ever driven. Out of the box the felt like a Crown Vic. Suspension mods help, of course, but getting that rear to plant and stay there was a task not for the faint of heart. Loss of traction was usually sudden and unpredictable especially when making decent power. That live axle out back was just a spooky biznatch. This car will and always will be one of my last, if not the last, choice to race on anyting other than a quarter mile.
Still love me some 5.0's. I have a fresh 306 roller bagged in my shed waiting for something, someday. lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It is waiting for me!!! :lol:

Must... resist... temptation. A dollar two fifty and it's yours!

My wife would give it to you. She thinks I don't need another project, future or current. They just don't understand that it keeps us sane, sigh.

Stiyle11sedan

That would be a gem in my 94' 5.0
Is it complete long block or just bottom end?