Urgent noob question

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have a guy wanting to trade me rota attacks 17x7.5" 5x100 with 48 offset and good tires. Would the rims clear my brembos? If they dont i wouldnt do the trade. Please let me know asap!

-Alin

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn ill never understand this offset crap. :(

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
go to wheeldude.com. Ask them. They deal in all sorts of Rotas for subies. They should know.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Those rotas were garbage in person anyways. Thanks all for help. However i got another guy with some sweet lookin rims:
ygadete6.jpg

qy7e8e7u.jpg

Before advancing any farther. Anyone know how these rims stack up? Good quality?

Evo_Fucking_STi

Alt? I do believe they make the Miro Wheels. It would be comparable to a Rota but not sure who has the better quality. I have seen both wheels crack in half before.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alt? I do believe they make the Miro Wheels. It would be comparable to a Rota but not sure who has the better quality. I have seen both wheels crack in half before.

I mean the rims look sweet especially in that powdercoated blue. But are they worth it for 6lb heavier a rim? Worth the trade for the bbs?

Vermont

I would not trade your BBS wheels straight up for those. Those are Rota quality wheels and go for about 1k new. I picked up a set of SSR Type F wheels for 1100 with tires. So my suggestion would be to wait and find some nicer wheels for trade dont loose the BBS's.

Also that's 6lbs per corner of un sprung weight..... that is not going to help performance in any way.... i

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I would not trade your BBS wheels straight up for those. Those are Rota quality wheels and go for about 1k new. I picked up a set of SSR Type F wheels for 1100 with tires. So my suggestion would be to wait and find some nicer wheels for trade dont loose the BBS's.

Also that's 6lbs per corner of un sprung weight..... that is not going to help performance in any way.... i

Thanks for the input Vermont! Im gonna assume rota has shit quality haha. Ive never had any other rim nor looked into other rims besides enkei RPF1s! :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What Vermont said. I would never trade my BBS for anything but comparable wheels. Even though I don't really care for mine, I still know what I got.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What Vermont said. I would never trade my BBS for anything but comparable wheels. Even though I don't really care for mine, I still know what I got.

What are some examples of comparable wheels to the bbs?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I traded mine for some 18X9 enkei RPF1s with 70 miles on them! best trade ever

Wherethe hell am i gonna find a steal like that?!?! Haha. Good job man im jealous!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
i dont know, some people are desperate, i of course gave him $300 on top, he gave me his new RPF1s and i gave him my 7 year old BBS with rock chips and old worn out rubber. oh and he gave me a nice fender roller and heat gun.

I need to find a deal like that asap. Ive wanted RPF1s for a long time now.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Definitely. Not only sexier, but lighter! Double win win! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
yeah man, the wider rim also looks epic, the only downside? I can lower my car until i roll my fenders :fuji:

Thats a great downside. At least they hold up. Ive never seen or heard of anything negative about the RPF1s.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

My OZ wheels weight 14.7 pds, and took 3 months to get from Italy. Top notch.

Vermont

Anything forged will compare to the BBS's. Stay away from the caste wheels as they weight quite a lot more and are only for looks. Also I personally do not like the look of the RPF1's as they used to be over played in the honda scene before the herra frush thing hit.

Also don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a set of cheap knock off Chinese shit wheels. Just don't trade higher quality BBS wheels for a lower quality product unless you are getting a good amount of cash along with. Personally I would just wait and save up so you can put some nice forged units on the car.

@JJ- Fuck you...... I wish I could afford a set of O.Z. but my broke ass is struggling to make rent and my car payment right now.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy

O.Z.
SSR
ADVAN
Volk and some others under the Rays Engineering brand

To name a few off the top of my head.

Some manufacturers like O.Z. use certain types of casting that can yield results comparable to forging.

Basically good quality wheels demand higher prices. Your gonna pay to play!

Look for my wheel and tire tech in the next week or so. I have been working on a guide for the last few days. I hope to at least have a partial this weekend!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thanks guys for input! And spamby ill be looking forward to reading that guide

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Vermont I have had them for over a year now. You don't love me anymore. :(