Biggest size tire you have ever seen? (Width)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So whats the biggest size you have ever seen? Here is what i saw today.... And am still amazed every time i look at it... Hahahaha enjoy.

a8yza5ag.jpg

udy7u8e3.jpg

y9yty3y8.jpg

:tup: :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit... what on earth does that attach to ?!?

:lol:

The 2014 STIs will have these as an option!
Haha i said the same thing though. Supposedly new semi trailers with single rims.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yes, they are big rig tires. I see them on occasion at work. Always on the tractor but never the trailers. The drivers don't seem too thrilled with them. About $1200.00 a tire:-o You can get two of the traditional tires for about that price.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
yjedavy9.jpg

Yes i did roll him around!

:rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
That's ridiculous. I expected to see a 355 or something....good God, 445/50R...?!

The 355's I saw were on some huge ass rear wheels on a Viper at a car show.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
any idea why one wider tire would give better fuel economy or have a longer life than two half-sized tires?

truck tire-highway-debris is already big enough. i cant imagine strips that are TWICE as wide flying at me.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
A bit OT I know, but what's up with re-treads on big rig tires? Why do I see so many of them shredded on the
highway? Isn't there a better way...?
Luckily, I've never hit one, as I know they can surely damage your car. However, I never really gave them too
much thought until recently. A couple months ago, a local motor cyclist was hit in the neck with one and killed.
Some said he was decapitated, but I don't know how true that is. After that incident, my boss told me about (and
showed me pictures) a re-tread getting kicked up on the highway which hit and broke his windshield, completely
severed his driver's side mirror, and heavily dented in both front and rear driver's side doors.

Kinda freaky...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I understand that the re-treads are for saving money. I'm sure it saves a lot too. It just disturbs me to see so many of them laying along the highway, or
worse, having to dodge one in my lane at the last minute doing 75mph.